match at drayton resorvoir

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkarper

ive got a match at drayton and dont know what to do i cant use my feeder rod coz it aint strong enough and same with my pole what method can i use i only have a carp rod and a baitrunner

snakey

PAA COACH
Considering the size of the carp in there I think your carp rod would be about righ using a method feeder or bagging waggler. There was a whisper a few months ago that they were going to take all the large carp out but I have not heard any more.

Datafile2.asp

SNAKEY`S NOT PLAYING GOLF YET

matt

Site Supporter
As far as i know, the large carp are still there, so use your carp rod and baitrunner and get on the method or baggin waggler and haul them lumps out[:p][:p][:p]

HEY DUDE............
afro.gif

pittpony

Hey, definitely get on the bagging waggler, and maybe try the method feeder.

The trick with the bagging waggler is to get the groundbait mix right. It doesn't want to be too hard that it stays on the feeder too long, but you'll need to be able to chuck it a reasonable distance. The local lads use lots of particles in their groundbait to create a trickle of feed under the bagging waggler - this is what you should aim for. Keep casting regularly to the same spot (by this i mean as often as every couple of minutes) and start off with a 6ft hooklength. After a while you'll catch better with about 2 feet of line under the float. Keep at it and before long it'll be a carp a chuck, and they're bigguns too! I don't know what standard of angler you'll be fishing against, but the other trick on the open matches is to make sure you fish further out than anyone else - you'll get more bites.

Trust me, i was sceptical about the bagging wagler until i tried it but it can be devastating!!!

Hope this is of some help,

Nick

buzzholder

hi kingkarper,
i had a match there on the 4/5/03 fished the dam wall on the method. weighed in 108lb 12oz .Several of the lads tried the splash wag but nothing was caught on it. All my fish were taken on pellet but some of the others had them on corn and a few on maggotts. You only need to be casting around 40 - 50 yards and hitting the same area, and they will come. Set your bait runner up so when they take the spool will run freely . Pick up wind , click off baitrunner and away you go. What bank have you got there.

buzz holder[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.