Master blaster blower amp question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minipeace

Hi

I'm looking at buying a blower/blaster for my Newfie and it looks like I will be going for a metro master blaster.
These are blowers designed to blow dry and clean a dog and I'm just thinking about the amps this blaster requires.
Its a 2 motor version rated at 19 amps.
Can I simply plug this into the mains or will I have to run a seperate higher rate cable/amp supply to handle the power?
I'm not sure what the wattage supply is maybe around 2.2kw looking at other models if this helps.

It should produce around 58000 ft/min which should tackle his coat and undercoat too.

Cheers
Stu

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
A standard ring main should be able to handle that power (2.2kw) but you will need to check the amp rating of the fuse or MCB on that circuit

19amps by the way is approx 4.5Kw, are you sure you've got it right?

Minipeace

Many thanks Dave for the reply.

The wattage was a guess as each motor is 1100watts, knowing me I've got that part wrong.
Looking at the American site it does not give the wattage but states the motors are 8 peak HP.
Here's a link if it helps
http://www.metrovacworld.com/Shoppi...rovac&category_name=&product_id=MasterBlaster
Its the MB3 model that I'm getting.

I was thinking it might be ok as my power amp for my HI-FI is 2.5Kw
but not 4.5Kw[:0]

Dave, if its 4.5Kw am I still ok on the mains?

Many thanks
Stu

Many thanks again Dave.

NoFinPhish

Mighty Cat Slayer
Found this:
"Note: The Master Blaster draws 19 amps with both motors operating. This requires a 20 amp circuit which is common in most home garages. I made the mistake of plugging this in at my home office and blew my 15 amp circuit breaker when I turned the second motor on! You might want to check your circuit breaker or fuse box to make sure you have a 20 amp outlet available"

Minipeace

Cheers Jason for the info.

I've checked the fuse box and the mains circuit is rated to 30amps with 22swg max what ever that means.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ideally something like this would require 4mm cabling to handle the power that the unit will use on maximum for any period of time.
However for short/occasional periods of use a 2.5mm ring main (not a spurred or radial circuit) will be able to handle that wattage
But, there's other variables to take into account such as the distance that the power outlet is from the consumer unit, ie if it is in a garage 50mtrs from the house for example

Basically, you're pushing it [:)]

Minipeace

Cheers Dave for the info.

Will be ordering it today and Bruce had better like it or else :)
Yet another bit of equipment to go along with the rest. I knew I should have brought a smaller dog :)
I spent an hour yesterday with a mars coat king on his lower back and filled 3 carrier bags full of undercoat!!!! Thinking of making a pillow or two :)

Status
Not open for further replies.