Massive Trent Barbel

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Tech or no tech either way the fish will now be hunted to death.

squimp

Site Supporter
If you don’t want the attention, don’t publicise what you catch. Simple.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
The fish won't see any more angling pressure than it already does and it looks in great enough shape for it to not be a problem.
We are talking about Barbel here and they are very nomadic.
It could be miles downstream of the capture point by the end of the next day.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Tech or no tech either way the fish will now be hunted to death.
Being that anyone in this vague area knows where that is, it's already hammered there. It's also by quite a long way not the biggest out the Trent this summer - in fact I'm aware of at least 2 significantly bigger that have come out off the top of my head, plus a few other 17s

TimFB

Have used fishfinders in saltwater fishing in a boat for 30 years. No self respecting saltwater boat fisherman would be without one. Here’s a shoal of feeding bass....we had twenty odd between two of us in half an hour...but other times the screen is full of fish and they just don’t want to be caught. Yes technology can help you find features, where there may or may not be fish, and yes, you may see fish...and if you do find features and fish then two things immediately swing into play...watercraft and angling skill...without which you aren’t likily to have a red letter day like that fella, so well done, awesome angling, from me! 78FCA40E-BEB7-43A8-B578-427828031B1C.jpeg

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Have used fishfingers in saltwater fishing in a boat for 30 years. No self respecting saltwater boat fisherman would be without one. Here’s a shoal of feeding bass....we had twenty odd between two of us in half an hour...but other times the screen is full of fish and they just don’t want to be caught. Yes technology can help you find features, where there may or may not be fish, and yes, you may see fish...and if you do find features and fish then two things immediately swing into play...watercraft and angling skill...without which you aren’t likily to have a red letter day like that fella, so well done, awesome angling, from me! View attachment 42267

I honestly don’t know how people used fish at sea in this country without a finder, word of mouth alone and a lot of watercraft I guess. I certainly would struggle on anything but known marks.

Stufish

Have used fishfingers in saltwater fishing in a boat for 30 years. No self respecting saltwater boat fisherman would be without one. Here’s a shoal of feeding bass....we had twenty odd between two of us in half an hour...but other times the screen is full of fish and they just don’t want to be caught. Yes technology can help you find features, where there may or may not be fish, and yes, you may see fish...and if you do find features and fish then two things immediately swing into play...watercraft and angling skill...without which you aren’t likily to have a red letter day like that fella, so well done, awesome angling, from me! View attachment 42267
Being able to read the screen must also play a big part, to me that looks like something my granddaughter would do with crayons!

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Being that anyone in this vague area knows where that is, it's already hammered there. It's also by quite a long way not the biggest out the Trent this summer - in fact I'm aware of at least 2 significantly bigger that have come out off the top of my head, plus a few other 17s

I am claiming the Fifth :sneaky::whistle::whistle::D

Barbel seeker

Site Supporter
what people don't know is that he was using 2lb maxima hooklength lol. good luck to him and congratulations .