Massive Maize

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
The lake i started fishing last night only allows maggot, caster, worm, bread, maize, hemp and corn as baits. Went last night with bread, worm and maggot and got battered by small roach, rudd and one perch. Even with 3 worms on the small fish just attack until the worms are small enough for them to take. Thinking a massive maize grain or 3 might help. Just ordered some giant Peruvian corn online but it wasn't cheap. Anyone know a bulk source of maize that is bigger than the normal stuff?

Thanks
Adam

Silver fan 82

The lake i started fishing last night only allows maggot, caster, worm, bread, maize, hemp and corn as baits. Went last night with bread, worm and maggot and got battered by small roach, rudd and one perch. Even with 3 worms on the small fish just attack until the worms are small enough for them to take. Thinking a massive maize grain or 3 might help. Just ordered some giant Peruvian corn online but it wasn't cheap. Anyone know a bulk source of maize that is bigger than the normal stuff?

Thanks
Adam
It's worth checking out pet supply shops. The sort that sell feed for birds, equine etc. Often they sell maize in bulk quite cheap. It will need preparing for use as it's sold dry as bird feed. Not sure if you will find the large grains but worth a look.

angry_vincent

i was pestered to death by small rudd today, and corn size had no effect ( fished only corn and waggler ), it was so frenzy! the only relief is when sun goes down or cloudy