Massive announcement for metalheads

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Get your ticket to Beermageddon, it's 45 quid, 3 days of metal, free camping, free parking next to your tent, free hot showers, club priced beers, cheap food......and

Ides of March, yep that's right, Ides of March, the band of Paul Di'Anno, the original Iron Maiden vocalist and 3 other original maiden members.

They are the sunday headliners and according to Paul it will be his last live performance ever as he follows doctors orders and retires from the live scene.

Get your tickets now because once this is announced in the music media and on the websites the tickets will sell fast and there's only 200 left as it is!

And of course, apart from all the stuff above...you may even get to meet moi! ;)

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Just had a look at the band list... Ides of March are the only ones I'd ever heard of... and Paul Di'Anno's voice is waaay past its best... think I'll pass

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just had a look at the band list... Ides of March are the only ones I'd ever heard of... and Paul Di'Anno's voice is waaay past its best... think I'll pass

Arry, it's a grassroots festival mate, we don't normally book big names simply because the costs would send the tickets soaring into the kind of prices that Download and Bloodstock charge, then we'd have to also bring in the sponsors and mass advertising...we prefer to keep it sponsor and advertising free, we don't want it to be a festival where it cost you £12 for a pint, £10 for a burger, 2000 tents crammed into a tiny field with a mass of litter piling up..... we sell a maximum of 400 tickets, we have free camping, free car parking next to your tent, no extra charge for camper vans (we have one group from Scotland who bring a horsebox to sleep in!) free hot showers, cheap "working mens club" beer prices, normal food prices and, IMO the most important thing we have never had any crime, the festival has been running for 9 years and there has never been any theft or violence!!

Look at it this way, a weekend ticket to Bloodstock with camping £152 each and you have to park off site, Download, weekend ticket with camping £243 each and again, parking off site, Glastonbury weekend ticket with camping is £265 with parking off site... Beermageddon is £45 with everything included!

Ok we may not have the big names but when you consider that most of the big names started at grassroots festivals like Beermo and made such an impression they gained an army of fans who would then talk about them, listen to them around their friends and spread the word about such and such a band that played at..... the "never heard of thems" became the "holy sh** i need to pay £100 for a ticket to see thems", without the grassroots festivals that had the unknown bands playing how many of todays big names would still be going, or even a big name now?

I went to a gig years ago, i only went because it was on a friday night and the tickets were only a tenner, as i stood there just relaxing and enjoying the atmosphere a band was announced, never heard of them they were just a "supporting act" from somewhere in Sweden but when they took to the stage they played their hearts out, they made the building rock...and, i'm damned proud to say they became friends, we have driven all over the place to see them when they have returned to Great Britain..they are now a big name in Scandinavia, Germany and America they are signed to the Sony label and the best part, they still give me a shout whenever they are heading to GB asking if we can meet up just for a catch up.... Smash into Pieces are one of those "never heard of thems" that have become a "i've gotta go see them agains" and i have never regretted going to that gig even though i'd never heard of any of the bands!