Mashed bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Went out yesteday with a rod, reel, a few bits and a couple of loaves of bread. They weren't really having it off the top so i soaked half a loaf in water and mashed it all up, fed my right hand margin and fished a piece of bread over the top. I managed a couple of carp but what amazed me was the amount of activity the mash stirred up. The margin was a mass of feeding bubbles. I want to try this again but prepare the mash better. What is the best way and what could i add to keep them in the swim longer, was thinking hemp/corn and maybe a flavouring of some sort?[;)]

Col7777

I know a guy who uses this method all the time, he mixes the bread with groundbait and moulds it round the method feeder, he makes a canonball size mould as well, but it does produce good catches.

Last edited:

fish finder

callum
im think hemp will work as well because you have the softness of the bread and the crunch of the hemp[:D]

Donfish

'Wot's geet Wilf?
Originally posted by fish finder

im think hemp will work as well because you have the softness of the bread and the crunch of the hemp[:D]

Think I'll try that for me brekkie Callum.[:)]

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Mick being serious are you sure that wasnt air released from the bread mate??? It can be deceiving.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
No mate, big tail patterns and clouding water. I like the hemp or micro pellet idea.

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
I have found if you put the bread in the blender, freeze it for a day or so, then thaw it out and run it through the blender again. Makes a very fine mix.
I agree with hemp/micros.

Status
Not open for further replies.