mark addy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray

hiya all, i have just finished reading the article in the anglers mail entitled "he's addy nuff"
basically, mark addy, the man who has helped team england win some gold medals has now been told that he now has to get a coaching qualification, the reason being, quote
"pressure from potentialsponsors sport england, has forced the nfa's hand" according to spokesman rodney coldron.
"mark addy is not yet an nfa qualified coach but we will be talking to him very seriosly about it. we can see that it could cause problems, but he needs the qualification to fit into the sport england requirements" he confirmed.

my question is simply this, who the hell are sport england and what are they going to do for me/us anglers??
i read most of the fishing mags/papers and have never heard of them.
the first thing i do hear about them is that they are causing problems for team england??

who are they, what is your opinion.

c.b.c admin fully support mark addy and team england.

original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

G

[red]Never heard of sport England,
As you say Ray , Who are they, what are they,what have they done for our sport, i have no idea mate.
Anybody out there who knows ??????????????????

Andy

i'm going fishing

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Geoff,

Sport England is the brand name of the English Sports Council which is a distributor of Lottery funds to sports.

Their homepage is: http://www.sportengland.org/

As is usually the case once an organisation gets their mitts into or onto something the usual rules apply: Must be qualified, must be politically correct, must have more managers, must remove... etc

looks like even fishing isn't exempt, Dave

G

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM, i was just wondering if the fella's behind the scenes could be as successful as mark addy, or have they not got the relevent coaching qualifcations,just a thought

Andy

i'm going fishing

MALC

Personaly i think you'll find that as normal the mail has blown things up to try to get a jump on the AT as is normaly the case with them both.
One gets a story and makes it in to a bigger issue than it realy is.

Personaly i can't see any problem with Mark doing the course as it's no different to me being retested on the forktrucks every few years although i've driven them for over 20 years.

As i say just the mags fighting for a scoop and an angle IMO.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com bounce.gif

Cyprinid_boy

Has anyone here participated in the NFA or PAA courses - lol. They are great!! You come home feeling a new man, however, you learn nothing. It's really quite amusing the emphasis many people put on these qualifications as they really achieve nothing. The reason, however, Mr Addy is required to undertake such medial qualifications is simply through insurance reasons. Try getting public liability without such paper work (not as hard as trying to convince someone to insure you to walk in water waving electricity around). Anyway, the courses are short, cheap and easy so why doesn't he just go get on with it, I am sure he can find the time (maybe sacrifice a cup of tea or two in the tackle shop).

(off to Drayton tomorrow to mend the walkway so you boys don't fall through!!)

Mat

Del-J

' Victor '
Mat, do me a favour when your at Drayton. Leave just the one hole on the walkway just big enough for a certain "bear" to be dumped through.

Del.
Not fishing then talk to your mates on MDs

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mark Addy is a great guy & i wish him all the luck he deserves.

You've gotta laff when you see his spikey hair tho'

Oh & give me Mark to the egotistical Matt Hayes any day.

Alan
You've just been moderated

Status
Not open for further replies.