Margin Poles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi all,
I'm thinking of treating myself to one of the new margin/hit & hold poles that are on the market now.
Has anyone out there got one? what do you think of it?
I'm quite impressed with the new Browning Aggresor,but would value any other comments/opinions before i splash out.
Cheers,
Peter

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

scoobs11

i was thinking about buying a margin pole but being tight,i bought an old 11m pole and chopped it down a bit.i'v bunged some twenty elastic through it.gonna be using it at woodlands thirsk on sunday.so i'll tell you how it handles after the weekend :)
it should be ok,and if it is theres loads of old poles out there you can pick up for 20/30.spend 5 elasticating it and its twice the length of a margin pole for half the price :)

drown maggots not kids

Terri

Hi Peter,

A few months ago I bought a Keenets Matchpro Bobcat Margin Pole for 65. Its supposed to be able to hold any carp and uses 18 elastic. Altogether it is 6m long but i cannot get used to the feeling that theres nothing else to hold or ship on. Admittedly it has not let me down with carp to 8lb but I'm still not too sure about it.

Terri

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Who the hell let scoobs in here then eh?

Alan
insomnia is nothing to lose sleep over

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Never mind Scoobs, who left the door open for Alan?

Alan, the next time you sign in you'll find that I've changed your password to::

'CanIcomeinpleaseIveboughtmy500lbsofGroundbaitfortheMaggotdrowningTeamwhoshowedusallHowtoCatchAtyateley'

Seriously though

Hiya mate,

Dave

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Cheers Dave (i think)

Instead of typing all that in can't i just put

wepiled500lbofbaitintoshallowthelakesowecouldnetthefish or for short

wecheated

Alan

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Damn, our secret is out lol

One things for sure though, we got more miles to the gallon on the way home than going there
Next year we will have solved the problem though as I have a cousin in the RAF and hopefully he'll do us an air-drop [:D}

Dave

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
hmmmm a cousin in the RAF eh

i wonder what 500lb of boilies dropped from 20,000ft would do to old bin liner over there in afghanistan

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.