margin poles

Status
Not open for further replies.

lk91

i'm looking to buy a top of the range margin pole with an elastic rating of 20+ and be 8m or over. Any suggestions the two im looking at at the moment are a garbolino margin master and a shimano beastmaster and are shimano bring out a newer margin pole any time soon [?]

davepellet

There's loads of good margin poles out at the moment, Drennan, Garbolino, Daiwa, Shimano, it's all down to personal preferrance

I've got the Drennan 8.5m & think it's awsome
had plenty of good carp & tench from snags, never once worried about it being in danger (except when my son uses it!)

the new Daiwa yank n bank at 10.6m looks like a good package as well, and some of the shorter length shimano "budget" poles, such as the technium 9.5m & the 11m nexave ax will all cope with margin carp

garbolino have several in the 8.5-11m range that could all do the job, but as I've said the Drennan's my pole of choice
8.5m of lightweigh power, 26 for a prebushed top kit, comes with one in the pole, one spare & a short no3 "netting section"

micklen

Well if Steve Ringer says he is happy to go after 20lber's with the Technium XTA 950 I am happy with that [:D]

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
Rockyroads is right! (though he never got to test it on a FISH[:p][:p][:D])

We set it up at Rolfs and took it in turns to strike while someone held the stonfo and god that pole had some power! It hoops over massively to absorb lunges of the fish. I borrowed one on day two from John Bennet and was able to lean into EVERYTHING and never once felt like it might go or that the fish would bully me.

jase72

yank n bank all the way.......good package and the power kits are only 9.99 each.....nuff said...

ian

Hull,Afghanistan
Does anyone know the cheapest place to get Browning Drag n Net powerkits from as my tackle dealer quoted me 36 quid,you can buy the full thing for 50 quid...

jase72

its worth buying a new one as you get the kits you want for 36 and a full set of spare sections for 14.....

C.A.T.C.H.

jase72,
Thinking of getting the Yank n Bank myself but where can youget top kits for 9.99?
Do these topkits fit other Daiwa poles like the G8 etc.
Thanks,

C.A.T.C.H.

reevo

shimano beastmaster tried and tested also much better finish than daiwa

sitattoo

Maver M 8 i got mine for 125 with one spare top three and i got the 10m extension for 40

jase72

now then tony, well I ordered mine from me local tackle shop and was with me within 5 days.....
as for fitting other daiwa poles I dont know but at a guess I'd say no as the top kits are only short...and if any other sections that may fit i.e no 4 or 5 then you will be compremising the pole you fit it too....

rockyroads

rockyroads
you complete and utter barsteward chris lol have now caught fish on it and can confirm its as i said awesome ..hope to make amends on rolfs next year mate ok ohh ive just put that orange vespe laggy in a old telescopic middy carp whip i had and tested it in the margins at renny's brought in a loverly 8lb 20z mirror carp [8D] and you know how they fight there !!! result wezzy 1 carp nil lol!
Originally posted by Cybermanc

Rockyroads is right! (though he never got to test it on a FISH[:p][:p][:D])

We set it up at Rolfs and took it in turns to strike while someone held the stonfo and god that pole had some power! It hoops over massively to absorb lunges of the fish. I borrowed one on day two from John Bennet and was able to lean into EVERYTHING and never once felt like it might go or that the fish would bully me.

Status
Not open for further replies.