Margin pole

KPC

morning all

im looking to buy a margin pole around 8m - 10m

initially started to look into Map TKS power margin 8.5m then also Preston Edge Monster also 8.5m

whats your thoughts on these or any further recommendations

thankyou Steve

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Edge monster... light, tough, responsive enough for silvers and tough enough to battle hard fighting margin carp and the price makes it a great deal...
The top 2s are £44 each and I have had one (8.5m) since Christmas... its brilliant

Down sides...? None really, the top 2s are quite long, other than that... no issues

Arry

Site Supporter
Whatever pole you end up getting... I recommend protectapole ptfe inserts... did my pole with them... well worth the money for very good protection

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
It does depend on your budget. In my view there are 3 types of margin pole

1. Cheap, ultra strong through action, heavy, difficult to break around £100 e.g. Drennan Series 7/red
2. £200 -£300. Very strong, through playing action, stiffer but not great at full length e.g. Maver Signature, Middy M2, Edge Monster
3. £350 plus. Match pole type playing action, lighter, very stiff, still strong, great at length e.g. Xitan Margin, Superium margin, MAP 1001 margin

You also get more spares the more you pay.

PAB

Site Supporter
for what you pay the Monster edge is great had 20+ pound carp and 2oz Roach on mine.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I have the Matrix mtx 8 metre,
No problems at all with it .
Tricast trilogy 2 are also good if you can find one .

Arry

Site Supporter
There's a Preston's response for sale in the classifieds on this site... a good price too

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
It does depend on your budget. In my view there are 3 types of margin pole

1. Cheap, ultra strong through action, heavy, difficult to break around £100 e.g. Drennan Series 7/red
2. £200 -£300. Very strong, through playing action, stiffer but not great at full length e.g. Maver Signature, Middy M2, Edge Monster
3. £350 plus. Match pole type playing action, lighter, very stiff, still strong, great at length e.g. Xitan Margin, Superium margin, MAP 1001 margin

You also get more spares the more you pay.
Hi Paul.
What do you think of the browning extreme margin?,I can't find one to try,but its a must now I have a z9.

Donald

OK thanks I will have a look
I have been looking at the same poles as you
What made you choose the preston over the map

KPC

On here really. Just fancied having a go at using a pole for carp mainly. Never used one before so didn’t want to spend to much and reviews were good for what I want.