Margin Pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

T1Cybernetic

Looking for a margin pole since starting to fish a few places with margin lumps in but I don't want to spend much :p 50 was around maximum unless something catches the eye.

Here's a couple of ones I noticed while browsing around, Just wondered if they were any good or if there are any better ones around for the money.

# Sensas Carpx 30 Pole 8m
# Middy 6m White Knuckle
# Middy 7m Carp Rhythm Stik

Not really sure of any others!

mossylucky7

~Ive been using the middy white knuckle for a while now and its is absolutely spot on!

Had loads of carp to about 18lb on it with the biggest middy hollow elastic through the kit and handled it excellently. very robust sections, it can really bend! and very light (I know you would expect this from 6m but it has to be said!)

I can thoroughly recommend the white knuckle, the only problem I have with it is that its a bit short, if its your only pole you may find it a bit lacking as a 'feature reacher' but if you do mainly margin work its superb!

T1Cybernetic

I do have a main pole luckily so I really only need to be able to fish margins but as always, having that extra meter does make a difference on some venues!

I had a quick wiggle of a 7M Sensas x today in my local tackle shop and they sell the 8M version for 44 which has totally thrown me because I was leaning towards the Rhythm Stik [;)] until I felt how strong the Sensas one is.

The only thing stopping me buying one is that the Sensas doesn't come with any spare top kits But the White Knuckle + Rhythm Stik both have 2x top sections which is all I need! and they are a little cheaper than the Sensas but slightly shorter.

maggot dangler

i have the middy white knuckle and think it is excellent for the price. i'v never struggled with the length as i only use it close in to the margins. it really is suprising how far it can bend.

dstev

Dave
I own the White Knuckle, its a great pole and will tame all but the very biggest. However I don't believe it is light and wouldn't fancy holding it at 6m all day, fine if you putting it on rod rests though.

dstev

Dave
BTW just seen Rythmn Stik at only 19.99, an absolute steal at that price. Should be better than the White Knuckle and nearly half the price!

T1Cybernetic

Where was the Rhythm Stik for that price? I would be prepared to stretch my arm an extra meter at that price [;)]

dstev

Dave
Completely read it wrong! [:I]

The spare top is 19.99 and the pole is 46.99 [:I] [:I] [:I]

Ricky24

Rich
Originally posted by mossylucky7

~Ive been using the middy white knuckle for a while now and its is absolutely spot on!

Had loads of carp to about 18lb on it with the biggest middy hollow elastic through the kit and handled it excellently. very robust sections, it can really bend! and very light (I know you would expect this from 6m but it has to be said!)

I can thoroughly recommend the white knuckle, the only problem I have with it is that its a bit short, if its your only pole you may find it a bit lacking as a 'feature reacher' but if you do mainly margin work its superb!

Another vote for white knuckle, spot on!

Status
Not open for further replies.