Margin pole question

Jonny w

Hi all thanks for all the comments, ended of buying a sphere power partner with an extra top from bobco today, I asked him about the tri-cast ultra as some have suggested it, he said the sphere while not being quite strong is a better all round pole, lighter,stiffer, etc....so just went with the sphere power, any of the bigger sphere sections also fit it so if I want to make it longer I can just buy a number 8 from any other sphere to take it to 12 or 13 metres, the man from bobco rated the sphere’s very highly, said there the best poles on the market, so just went with the sphere power, thanks for all your comments
Glad you got sorted m8, I’ve never used a tri-cast ultra, but a close friend has one, says it’s very good at 10m but not so good when you put the extensions on at the full 13.4m, saying that though the full 13.4 meter ultra only cost about £700, I know it’s still a lot of money but not that much for a 13.4 meter pole with spare top and a cupping kit and what ever you get with it, another thing m8 you do realise that a number 8 for a sphere is about £500 quid so to take it longer is going to be pricy, saying that though you will have a top of the range 13m pole, I don’t mean to be rude but would you mind telling me how much you paid for the sphere and extra top

Logan.26

Glad you got sorted m8, I’ve never used a tri-cast ultra, but a close friend has one, says it’s very good at 10m but not so good when you put the extensions on at the full 13.4m, saying that though the full 13.4 meter ultra only cost about £700, I know it’s still a lot of money but not that much for a 13.4 meter pole with spare top and a cupping kit and what ever you get with it, another thing m8 you do realise that a number 8 for a sphere is about £500 quid so to take it longer is going to be pricy, saying that though you will have a top of the range 13m pole, I don’t mean to be rude but would you mind telling me how much you paid for the sphere and extra top
No don’t mind at all, I got the power partner and an extra top for £650 you also get a sphere carry case, got it from bobco tackle I also ordered a new matrix seat box when I was on the phone, he said if I wanted more tops the map shallow kits fit and there much cheaper, but I think I’ll stick with the sphere tops if I’m being honest, yes I know the price of the number 8’s if I think I need a bit more length I’m going to order one, but that would be all the length I’d need, wouldn’t ever need a 9, like I said I asked about the ultra but they didn’t seem to think they were as good as the sphere, they said pretty much what you did, good at the 10m but not very good at the 13m with the extensions, to be honest he said the sphere power was in a totally different league, he sounded very knowledgable so I took his word, he said they sell all brands and have absolutely no reason to lie

Jonny w

No don’t mind at all, I got the power partner and an extra top for £650 you also get a sphere carry case, got it from bobco tackle I also ordered a new matrix seat box when I was on the phone, he said if I wanted more tops the map shallow kits fit and there much cheaper, but I think I’ll stick with the sphere tops if I’m being honest, yes I know the price of the number 8’s if I think I need a bit more length I’m going to order one, but that would be all the length I’d need, wouldn’t ever need a 9, like I said I asked about the ultra but they didn’t seem to think they were as good as the sphere, they said pretty much what you did, good at the 10m but not very good at the 13m with the extensions, to be honest he said the sphere power was in a totally different league, he sounded very knowledgable so I took his word, he said they sell all brands and have absolutely no reason to lie
Sounds like a good deal that, angling direct are selling just the pole for £700 and I’m sure the tops are about £100 each, might be more, I’ve used bobco before and they definitely know there stuff, sure i heard some of there staff are top fishermen, can’t personally comment on the tri-cast ultra as I’ve never used one, only what Kieron my friend has told me he has one, if the lads at bobco say the sphere power is better it will be, they know what there on about, what seat box did you order?

Logan.26

I ordered a matrix s26 seat box m8, and yes the lads at bobco we’re great, very knowledgable, got exactly what I wanted, a top of the range short pole, I know the ultra is meant to be a bit stronger, but the sphere is meant to be plenty strong enough anyway, I was more concerned about other things, sphere only weighs 600g at 11m , it’s also stiffer and more responsive, also even if buy the number 8 to take it to around the 13m it will still weigh under 800g and fully retain its stiffness and balance, were the ultra does not,also what line do you use for your margin work, what would you recommend?

Jonny w

I ordered a matrix s26 seat box m8, and yes the lads at bobco we’re great, very knowledgable, got exactly what I wanted, a top of the range short pole, I know the ultra is meant to be a bit stronger, but the sphere is meant to be plenty strong enough anyway, I was more concerned about other things, sphere only weighs 600g at 11m , it’s also stiffer and more responsive, also even if buy the number 8 to take it to around the 13m it will still weigh under 800g and fully retain its stiffness and balance, were the ultra does not,also what line do you use for your margin work, what would you recommend?
That matrix seat box looks nice m8, for margin work I make my own pole rigs, I use gamakatsu super g 0.18/0.20/0.22 straight through depending on the situation, personally I don’t bother with hook length when fishing for the big lumps, for me it’s just something else to snap lol, other people like using hook lengths in all situations, I don’t, it’s personal preference.