Margin pole advice

TPW97

I’m looking to buy a new margin pole preferably under £150, was looking at the middy muscle tech 600 because of how slim and light it is and the browning black magic margin xs as it’s a similar price was just wondering if anyone had any experience with either of these poles or any other good margin poles to recommend within my price range, thanks in advance
Tom

PAULMK5

Just got the middy xm10-3 great pole,light and strong for £220, but i have seen some of the xm10-2 for around £160,much better than the muscle techs

The Hitman

Site Supporter
I had a Muscle Tech for a while. It is really slim and light, used for a good 6 months, great pole overall. Issue i had, the top 2 kits are very short, when you fish for margin carp or at 5 metres i found that the elastic was bottoming out very quickly, it is a hit and hold type pole but you will suffer with hook pulls.
Other than that it was decent, you can pick one up for under £100.
Only sold as i purchased a dedicated Carp pole.
Hope that helps.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum buddy. I’ve got a Browning Black Magic. It’s a great margin pole. Very strong and though probably not the lightest it’s very manageable.

Simon R

Site Supporter
I've got the Preston Edge Monster and personally don't think you can get much better for the price.

You could save thirty quid by getting the 8.5m version but the extension to take it to 10m is about £70, so you're better going for the longer version from the start. Even at 10m it's light enough to use one-handed and strong enough to tame double figure carp.

Simon

TPW97

Hi guys thanks for all your replies it’s only just notified me, I’ve ordered the middy muscle tech as it is just for margin fishing for lumps, I have a daiwa c4 as my normal pole but when I was playing a big carp near the lillies the top kit exploded so it’s back with daiwa atm ?