margin fishin

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOZZIE BEAR

Here's a poser for you. You are fishing the margins in a match, and you are catching to the left and to the right. How do you best place your keepnet(s)to avoid them geting in the way when you are baggin' as space is tight??????[:H]

endura

The Bookie
I just quietly lay the net out in front of me. always difficult as you are trying to get margin fish to run out into open water to disturb
the peg as little as possible. Fish react in different ways on different fisheries but generally i always try to keep them away from the inside
lines i'm feeding.

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
Personaly I peg mine out one to the left one to the right so they are parallel to the bank

endura

The Bookie
Quite agree if there's little weed in the margins but fished a peg yesterday where you could only lay net out in front of you.
If there's no weed in margins quite agree that you should lay the net(s) tight to the bank.

FOZZIE BEAR

Should have mentioned that water is very shallow, and fish are grubbing about in reeds close in to bank. I think I may have to peg it down to one side and just fish the other. If one gets too full will have to put the other in front and hope it don't get in the way!
Thanks for the replies guys!

mark bradley

i fished a match at grange farm doncaster for any one that has fished it they know how tight the pegging is we all arranged to put our nets all one way my mate fished between mine and the bank and caught quite a few carp so really dont think it makes any difference

danny_glover09

Site Supporter
A friend of mine used to dip his net in dialuted flaviouring at home before a match and then fish right next to it. He still caught plenty. Dont know if the flavouring helped though.

Fizzgog

i put mine straight out in front if fishin at close range
but my margin swims tend to be as far away from me and my nets as pos

Status
Not open for further replies.