Margin elastic help?

Jonny w

Hi all was just looking for some recommendations on which elastic to use when fishing for big lumps down the side, as mine needs changing because it’s looking a bit old, any help would be massively appreciated as I’ve looked and there’s about 1 million different brands and types available online and I’m unsure what to buy, the venues i fish have some very big carp in so would need plenty power, not really bothered about price just want something good, thanks again

stephenk

Site Supporter
I dont use a dedicated margin pole - just fish my normal pole (G50).

Black hydro works for me. Fish short and whip back to puller quick as I can. Land low doubles on this.

I know there are stronger available but wouldn't want to put pole under more stress.

Jonny w

Hollows and slik are no good for stopping big fish in their tracks, they stretch too much, and the fish build up momentum on the first run, heavy solids put the brakes on them straight away
Hollows and slik are no good for stopping big fish in their tracks, they stretch too much, and the fish build up momentum on the first run, heavy solids put the brakes on them straight away
So basically just get a beefy solid, someone said browning xitan microbore rocket red 17-21 is really good, any idea? Or is that to stretchy for the big lumps

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I’ve not tried the browning laccie..But I have tried hydro,and various hollows, and that’s what I’ve found, they stretch too much for very big carp.

Jonny w

Mine is hi viz original, never heard of hi glow.
Been having a look online, think there both pritty much the same thing, there both solids and are a very similar price wise, it think the hi glow covers a slightly different size range