Maps of Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
I am looking to buy some detailed maps of Ireland does anyone know any good shops or sites online they must be very detailed and have all waters on them.

Thanks in advance.

Datafile2.gif

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

G

Al have a look on here mate
http://www.cfb.ie

You might find some info on the site mate

catch me if u can
Andy,

Granville

You will find all you need on

http://www.irishmaps.ie/productlistingM.cfm?SeriesID=11

or www.osi.ie.............this is the ordnance survey or Ireland.
I have used these maps for years and they are very detailed, even down to showing individual houses. You won't go wrong with these.

If you are fishing canals than look to purchase the "coarse angling guide to the grand and royal canals of Ireland"...a great little book showing the anglng hot spots. Costs about 7...in real money :)
The URL is: http://www.shannon-fishery-board.ie/guides/coarse/mullingar-royalcanal.htm

Hope that helps

100 1 10110 1001 100 10010 11001 1 1110
110 10010 1111 1101 1001 10010 101 1101 1 1110 100

martin.

Account Locked
but do they improve your catch.
the best way to find out about a water is put a posting on the forums of www.mggotdrowning.com asking for info on the area yourn gtoing to irts the most knopledgeable sie on the net
Dave
no checks below 10 just cash or postal order

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's in the post Martin [:D]

Dave

Simon R

Site Supporter
Al

You could check out your local branch of Waterstones too, if they don't have the one you want they'll get it for you (think the last one I got took a week to arrive)

Simon

MrC

Ordinance Survey,, they have a website, and you can order them online i think.. One good bit of advice is make sure the scale is 1:50,000 or 1:25,000 that should be detailed enough. (this means for every 1cm on the map it relates to 50,000 or 25,000cm on the ground.) Hope this helps in your choice..

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
Al if you are going to Willows PM me and I will look see if I can find the ones we had.haydn

Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints.

scales

Vinny
Hello Al, I have used www.irishmaps.ie to order ordnance survey maps of Ireland, very quick delivery.

P.s the Discovery series are the ones I found are the best.

cheers,

Scales,

Every angler knows his Plaice.

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
Thanks again guys just wanted a more detailed map of the cavan area and the erne near eniskillen to try some new waters when i go over in May.

Triturus

Just ordered a couple from www.irishmaps.ie, work out around 5.50 each. See what the turn around time is.

Neil

PS Why doesn't my hyperlink work??

Granville

Al,

One of Irelands finest tackle shops is in Enniskillen. It's called "Home, Field & Stream". They will be able to point you to the best places/pegs in the locality of Enniskillen town. They have a site and google will get them. Well worth a call as they will also be able to give you the dates of the annual Bream migration through the town, although the Round O Jetty pegs get very busy at that time of year.
If you want a detailed map of the area, you need the "Fermanagh Lakeland outdoor pursuits map and navigation guide". It is 1:25000.
That clearly identifies the hundreds of fishing stands in the area. However as the upper lough and Enniskillen are in Northern Ireland you will find that the supplier of that map is either a local shop or "The Ordnance survey of Northern Ireland".

Having spent 6 holidays afloat in the area I can recommend some stands within 5/10 miles of Enniskillen. These would include Lisnaskea Ski club...a drop off shelf to 6mtrs and regularly fished by UK visitors and I have never seen a ski boat, Derryadd, Carrybridge..in fact many of the inlets around the Derrylin area.

As you will be in Northern Ireland you will need a rod licence and fishing permit....bailifs are active. HFS will supply them. A yearly combined licence costs about 25. I think you can get an 8 day for about 8/10.

The other thing you may need to consider is to bulk up your line and floats. I have been know to sling out an 8gram. It needs it as the lough can get choppy. HFS have a good stock of these heavier and slider floats. Finally you can't beat prebaiting an area. I have found that 5 or 6 grapefruit size balls slung in, works wonders when I come back and moor up three days later. The place has been heaving with fish. As a result I have pulled in 15 large bream and a bunch of large roach in just over 2 hrs from Geaglum quay .

100 1 10110 1001 100 10010 11001 1 1110
110 10010 1111 1101 1001 10010 101 1101 1 1110 100

MrC

Al,
I have a map of lower loch earne (which is the northern of the two.) If you PM me with your address i will post it to you on loan. Mal. (MrC)

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
Nice one mate just goes to show what a great bunch you are on this site,

I will have to say no to your offer as i am terrible for misplacing and losing things but thank you very much for the offer mate.

I will see if i can buy some when i am over there in May,

quote:Originally posted by MrC

Al,
I have a map of lower loch earne (which is the northern of the two.) If you PM me with your address i will post it to you on loan. Mal. (MrC)

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
Another thing about Ireland is if you find a lake and a peg you like if you put a bank stick in it saying pre baited for (next days date ) no one will touch it or use that swim. It is an unwritten rule. What we did last year was print out some labels and plastic coated them and made some stakes. We pegged a section of lake for 4 days and no one tried to fish there or interfere with the pegs. Prebaiting is essential We put in about 20 cricket ball sized amounts every night to hold the bream. It worked....I use to go to Enneskillin to fill up with Petrol from Belturbot ( my company car petrol card only vallid in Northern Ireland. Took about 3/4 to 1hr. so go down to Belturbot the fishing is great. Enneskillin has a good river flowing through it and it looked tasty. Finnaly I have a map of Ireland you can have. just PM me your address and I`ll post you it.m8...Haydn

Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints.

scales

Vinny
What week are you there Al ?? I'll be over there in Killashandra from the 24th May.

cheers,

Scales,

Every angler knows his Plaice.

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
3rd until the 10th of May mate rooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllll onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn lol

brianmcm

Easons bookstore in Ireland might help with good OS maps. I think the web address for the shopping section is http://www.buy4now.ie/Eason/ Fishing maps can be accessed off the Shannon Regional Fisheries Board website Go to our guides via angling centres and local fishing maps are included webpage www.shannon-fishery-board.ie/guides/coarse/coarse_map.htm If you need further assistance contact Brian Mc Manus Angling Section ShRFB Email info@shannon-fishery-board.ie

Brian Mc Manus Shannon Regional Fisheries Board Angling Section

G

Brian welcome to the M/Ds, nice to have you with us,,[^][^][^].

Will we be ok for regular updates for the fishing over at the Emerald Isle, [;)][;)][;)].

Have fun, and enjoy

catch me if u can
Andy,

Status
Not open for further replies.