Map Z36 Seat box

NickNewman

I contacted them with the information of the fault, I'm happy with my fix, they will not pay return postage, it's in their policy that all returns are at the buyers expense. They will reimburse UK returns delivery costs, not international. They did offer a discount on my next purchase but their delivery is quite high compared to Angling direct, who deliver at 7.99 flat cost no matter the size or weight which is astonishing really. I have too much interested and waited too long to send it back if I have managed to rectify the fault, having already paid 32.99 to return an 84.99 item.

NickNewman

Saying that I will contact MAP regardless. I'm not sure why they put such an obvious fault into production, or it could just be my tray.... although, the top of the tray is only very thin, and someone else here already pmd me of the same issue...

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I see what you mean about swapping them over. I’ve a map z30 , same units same problem with handle and frame. Can’t say mines bent but I’ll look tomorrow when I’m on it.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
As far contacting them, if you don’t get a reply ask them directly on fb. Anyone else with the same problem will jump on board and then they might realise it’s an issue
Good luck

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've found MAP tend to be very good at answering support emails, it might take a few days for them to get back to you though as I don't know if everyone is back at work yet or if working from home.

NickNewman

I see what you mean about swapping them over. I’ve a map z30 , same units same problem with handle and frame. Can’t say mines bent but I’ll look tomorrow when I’m on it.
I wouldn't say bent, more bowed. The roof isn't supported enough, it's thin plastic and simply bends. When you sit on it, particularly leaning to one side, it prevent the draw from closing smoothly... It's a real pain and an oversight, not sure how it went through testing, I'm not even heavy... Plus I imagine it's normal to sit lobsided at an angle when pole fishing... The weight on the top seems to push down on the drawers roof/top and it just makes the side draws opening and closing difficult or even impossible. Tape seems to stick it to the cushion base to help support it and aids closing the shallow draw

NickNewman

Getting dirty now? ? I actually came up with a better solution, as I needed to raise the height of my seatbox to create a 90° angle, I placed the bottom tray on the top load. It gave a cleaner surface for the double sided tape to adhere to, it's quite clear that the roof of the shallow draw is poorly made/ actually mm's too wide and therefore it bows or droops ever so slightly causing the tray to catch on it and it barely even closes if I'm honest. The tape does the trick

chris1967

Site Supporter
Found it, wifey put it behind the 'Green door', 'Oh Julie' why there?

you drive me crazy .. with the shakey gags it makes me cry just a little bit i'm glad you found it as its a love worth waiting for ;)

P_C

I live in Finland, ordered from TackleUK. Sending it back will cost me probably over 100. That's a risk I take, also... These companies have zero international returns policies. It's quite unbelievable when you spend thousands from abroad, and get a faulty pro kitsafe kit costing 84.99, and you have to fork out 32.99 to return it due to fault. The box would cost simply too much to return. Even a pram company from Germany had an international return policy whereby faulty or wrongly delivered goods could be returned, with the company reimbursing delivery costs, pretty terrible really on the business front. I'd pay 100 more just to have the peace of mind if I could get it locally
Nick you should be aware of PayPal's Refunded Returns scheme (if you're not already) - Hyvitetyt palautukset – PayPal
You just have to pay for the item using PayPal.

They're not going to refund huge returns costs but they cover up to €30 here in Ireland. I've used it a few times and been refunded for shipping items back to the UK.

NickNewman

Nick you should be aware of PayPal's Refunded Returns scheme (if you're not already) - Hyvitetyt palautukset – PayPal
You just have to pay for the item using PayPal.

They're not going to refund huge returns costs but they cover up to €30 here in Ireland. I've used it a few times and been refunded for shipping items back to the UK.

Good info, the PayPal site says up to £15 (perhaps as my email is a UK address) however the initial purchase was not made via PayPal anyhow. The postage from Fin and would be at least €50, and the initial postage cost to send the item here was 31.99. That would leave me potentially with a €80 shortfall and an extended wait for the item. I believe it only needs a shallow draw replacement, I will order one (using PayPal) to see, as I could really do with another shallow draw.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Mine does it. I’ve never noticed as I never click my drawers closed when fishing. Only after I’ve packed up. It’s just something I’ve always done. Could see the bend as you stand up and sit down.

NickNewman

Mine does it. I’ve never noticed as I never click my drawers closed when fishing. Only after I’ve packed up. It’s just something I’ve always done. Could see the bend as you stand up and sit down.
How on earth did that get through the design phase and past Andy May for example??? That's 3 of us with the same issue and I only posted about this 3 days ago or so?

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Dunno. It should be more sturdy, maybe they’ve cut corners since the first offs. I bet they say there has to be so much % movement to allow different temperatures or some other bull.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Anyone know the difference in weight between the Z36 white and the Z36 carbon. Looked around the Map website and cant find anything.

From MAP:

I believe this be inclusive of box packaging so you may be able to shave off a touch more.

DESCRIPTION N.W.(Kg)

Z36 White 16.1

Z36 Carbon 15.4

Hope this helps

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
apologies if hijacking the thread......its interesting to see these issues with the MAP seatboxes. I was looking to change/upgrade my maver 25mm signature (excellent box) and seriously considered the MAP Z30. Saw a few negative reviews about poor workmanship of seats and splitting covers so slowed myself down a bit and then had the chance to see a Z36 "in the flesh". It looked a nice box but it didnt feel like a £600 plus box....In the end I plunged for a Garbo D36 on special offer for £495. An absolute bargain iMho and its half the weight (or feels like it) of my Mxi.

Anyone else disappointed with their MAP ?