Map Z36 Seat box

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
Anyone know the difference in weight between the Z36 white and the Z36 carbon. Looked around the Map website and cant find anything.

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
That was why I was intereted in the weight comparasin.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I've had a look on the Preston website as Preston do a carbon version of their D36 but, I can't find anything. I'm guessing here but, I can't imagine there being a .massive difference can there ?

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
Think it might be a lot lighter on the Preston as there a lot more carbon on it compared to the Map where it's only the Z frame.

Makes you wonder why they dont include weights in the description.

Simon R

Site Supporter
The weight of the empty box is fairly immaterial anyway - unless you're planning on keeping it that way.
The ultimate weight of any box depends far more on the amount of rubbish we keep in it anyway - tub of feeders in the base - there's 5lb - couple of reels in there too , another 2lb. You'd be surprised how quick all the 'bits' add up and suddenly that lightweight box that you've paid a fortune for becomes hernia inducing every time you attempt to lift it out of the car.

Simon

Flathead

Site Supporter
There are no “light” seatboxes.

I have two well known supposed ‘lite’ versions and they still weigh far more than I can be bothered to lug around.

I still use my old Shakespeare plastic box much of the time as it is far easier to handle

johng19

me@home.com
They proberly don't publicize the weight, as no one would buy the double the price one.

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Don't know if this helps.

Preston Carbon Box has a total weight of 15.30KG also mentions in the Preston Catalogue, Minimum Fishing Requirement Deep tray Unit and Deluxe Padded Seat 13.60kg £1499
Preston Inception lightweight seat box 11.75KG 30cm legs, same equipment as above £339

My Maver UFO is 12kg 30cm legs paid £225

Suspect the Map Z36 will be close to the Preston Carbon at 15KG.

NickNewman

Anyone notice changes in the MAP Z36 Elite seatbox design? There are no longer swivel feat and the shallow draws are a bit iffy when you sit in the box? I'm only 80kg try the shallow draw wouldn't open due to a slight bow in the shallow draw, fixed with double sided tape. Still, not what you expect from 699+ box?

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
The weight of the empty box is fairly immaterial anyway - unless you're planning on keeping it that way.
The ultimate weight of any box depends far more on the amount of rubbish we keep in it anyway - tub of feeders in the base - there's 5lb - couple of reels in there too , another 2lb. You'd be surprised how quick all the 'bits' add up and suddenly that lightweight box that you've paid a fortune for becomes hernia inducing every time you attempt to lift it out of the car.

Simon
And @tipitinmick can vouch for that with the Preston D30 ? ??

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Anyone notice changes in the MAP Z36 Elite seatbox design? There are no longer swivel feat and the shallow draws are a bit iffy when you sit in the box? I'm only 80kg try the shallow draw wouldn't open due to a slight bow in the shallow draw, fixed with double sided tape. Still, not what you expect from 699+ box?
Try swapping the shallow draw with the deep draw. Deep draw on top of shallow might help

NickNewman

I thought that, but the shallow draw handle is too close to the frame to open it conformably, as in its really not designed to go that way, my fingers barely fit between the metal frame the short draw handle when it's on the bottom -almost rendering it unusable. Has to be shallow draw on top. As I said tape fixed it.

piscatorial

I thought that, but the shallow draw handle is too close to the frame to open it conformably, as in its really not designed to go that way, my fingers barely fit between the metal frame the short draw handle when it's on the bottom -almost rendering it unusable. Has to be shallow draw on top. As I said tape fixed it.
Take it back to the tackle shop you purchased it from.
Show them the problem and ask for a new draw unit.
If they refuse to rectify ask for money back as not fit for purpose.

NickNewman

I live in Finland, ordered from TackleUK. Sending it back will cost me probably over 100. That's a risk I take, also... These companies have zero international returns policies. It's quite unbelievable when you spend thousands from abroad, and get a faulty pro kitsafe kit costing 84.99, and you have to fork out 32.99 to return it due to fault. The box would cost simply too much to return. Even a pram company from Germany had an international return policy whereby faulty or wrongly delivered goods could be returned, with the company reimbursing delivery costs, pretty terrible really on the business front. I'd pay 100 more just to have the peace of mind if I could get it locally

piscatorial

I live in Finland, ordered from TackleUK. Sending it back will cost me probably over 100. That's a risk I take, also... These companies have zero international returns policies. It's quite unbelievable when you spend thousands from abroad, and get a faulty pro kitsafe kit costing 84.99, and you have to fork out 32.99 to return it due to fault. The box would cost simply too much to return. Even a pram company from Germany had an international return policy whereby faulty or wrongly delivered goods could be returned, with the company reimbursing delivery costs, pretty terrible really on the business front. I'd pay 100 more just to have the peace of mind if I could get it locally
From their website
Faults within 28 days
An exchange or refund will be issued providing the item is returned within 28 days from the original date of purchase.

I would contact TackleUK and explain the problem you have and ask for help and assistance in resolving the problem.

If you get no satisfactory outcome then you could try MAP direct
info@mapfishing.co.uk

Good luck.