Map z36 elite, Z30 elite differences?

Jonny w

Hi fellas, just as the title says really, what’s the difference between the two seat boxes? Is it just one has 36mm legs and the other has 30mm legs? Or are there other differences as well, I’ve had a full day on my mates z36 at woodlands thirsk last September, and I absolutely loved it, very very sturdy and surprisingly light, will the 36mm legs make a big difference over the 30mm legs, I’ve never had a go of a z30, and the z30 is a little cheaper or should I just pay a little extra and go for the z36, many thanks for time.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Although remember if you get a 36mm leg box none of your accessories will fit - assuming your current box is 30mm or smaller - so factor in a couple of hundred quid for new side-tray, feeder arm, bump bar and all the other myriad of attachments that may or may not be necessary.

Don't worry about the weight - all boxes feel lightweight until we fill 'em with all the essential rubbish that we cart around with ourselves - most of which never gets used but is nice to have 'just in case' :p
Why carry 10 winders when we can carry 100 - do we really need six boxes of ready-tied hooks for a five hour session?:p

Simon

Jonny w

Same box only difference is leg diameter!
Oh and you can get the 36 in White.
Thanks for reply, do you think there will be any difference in sturdiness between the 30 and 36, the 36 was rock solid, but I’ve never used the 30

endpeg

On commercials no, if you fish naturals get a Z36 just a bit sturdier if you have the internal legs fully extended.

Jonny w

Although remember if you get a 36mm leg box none of your accessories will fit - assuming your current box is 30mm or smaller - so factor in a couple of hundred quid for new side-tray, feeder arm, bump bar and all the other myriad of attachments that may or may not be necessary.

Don't worry about the weight - all boxes feel lightweight until we fill 'em with all the essential rubbish that we cart around with ourselves - most of which never gets used but is nice to have 'just in case' :p
Why carry 10 winders when we can carry 100 - do we really need six boxes of ready-tied hooks for a five hour session?:p

Simon
I’ve never had a proper seat box, I’ve just always used a big plastic Shakespeare one, had it for around 20 years lol, it’s a bit knackered now, so all accessories will be bought new, so im good that way, not mega fused about weight as I have a barrow, I just expected these new seat box’s to weigh a ton.

Jonny w

On commercials no, if you fish naturals get a Z36 just a bit sturdier if you have the internal legs fully extended.
if fish a bit of both and the odd river also so would you bother paying the bit extra for the 36. Seems to cover more bases.

Last edited:

endpeg

I've got the Z36 cant fault it, only minor point is the seats not as comfy as my last Preston box.

Jonny w

I've got the Z36 cant fault it, only minor point is the seats not as comfy as my last Preston box.
I have a chance to buy a white z36 on Facebook market place for £350 in good used condition, comes with seat cover and brand new spare carry strap, sounds very reasonable baring in mind the cheapest new z36 I found is around £600, do you think that’s reasonable second hand?

Jonny w

Ended of going for it, got it for £340 collecting it on Sunday, looks in very good condition, comes with no accessorises so I’ll have to buy them separately, will any 36mm bits fit? the map ones are expensive, it’s nearly 100 quid for a large side tray lol, anyone got any recommendations that don’t cost the earth, or should I just buy the map stuff?

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Any 36 attachments will fit. I’m in the process of making my own lidded side tray and will be using Preston leg attachments. Bought the plastic lidded tray for about £10 plus delivery. A meter of 19mm square aluminium tube and the Preston attachments. I don’t have the price of the attachments yet, as I only found out the part numbers from Preston this week. But I think I should be able to do it all for £50 or £60