Map Z30

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Hi All,

My mate anounced yesterday that he was considering buying a new seat box. A map Z30, which surprises me as he's all Preston this, Preston that. So, before he goes and parts with his hard hearned I said I'd ask you guys what your experiences of these boxes are. Or do you recommend something else instead.

Thanks.

pal.64

I looked at it but went for the Z36 Carbon which was on offer in Bobco.
So far impressions are it’s brilliant.
Got the MAP drawer inserts which don’t seem fully flat so occasionally you need to coax the side drawers but overall very pleased because it’s so much lighter

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Thanks pal.64. I’ve mentioned what you’ve said to him. I don’t think he can run to the carbon version but, what you’ve said he will take on board. Thank you.

I bought one when they first came out and have had it since. It's had some hammer off me and stood up to it. I like the footplate which in comparison to others is decent. Yes it's not the lightest but how many modern seatboxes are light without doing the Carbon jobbie?
I bought some add ons too. 60mm tray for underneath etc.

I would tell him to go for it. Nice sturdy, reliable box.

Fred Davis

I have several seat boxes the preston inception and the map z30 to name 2 build quality on the Map is superb the slide drawer and sliding trays fixings are superb much better than the preston inception and a superb box downside no 100mm deep tray but brilliant bit of kit, why did I buy the inception well hospital treatment recovery means that when I get back on the bank initially I will need a light seatbox the inception is unreal weight wise the box has virtually all the benefits of the map and a deep tray! build quality is Ok just not as solid.