Map vs frenzee

Buddy70

Hi I'm in the market for a new carryall and really like the look of the map seal system as it slots nicely on the barrow but also like the price of the frenzee carryall, has anyone got any feedback on either??
Tia John

Whisker

Here, there and everywhere.
Site Supporter
Been through a fair bit of luggage (but no Frenzee). Finally, I’m very happy with the MAP seal system.

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
The MAP seal system is good but only value if you do use all the eva that fits inside, shame they don’t just sell the bag. I’ve seen the Frenzee and I’m not sure it’s as big as the MAP (the one I saw wasn’t). I use the Middy Hydroseal eva bag and am very pleased with it. It’s around £50 (Review on my YouTube channel).

I’ve found the following dimensions
Frenzee fXT xl. 36 x 25 x 22
MAP seal bag 55 x 38 x 35
Middy Hydroseal 50 x 31 x 30

might be worth looking at the new waterproof Drennan luggage, various sizes of carryall available.

Last edited:

90sGear

Site Supporter
What Paul said re MAP, I have this one I just don’t get on with the zips maybe my heavy hands. Middy is a good call, take look at Mosella too they did it first (ish) and have now relaunched their models after two years out of stock.

Re Frenzee I e a soft spot for the company and tbh for the price it would do a job but it is on the small side , you want a bit of room as EVA style bags don’t like being rammed as it will damage the zips.

Whisker

Here, there and everywhere.
Site Supporter
Agree with Paul, need to fill the system or may as well buy something smaller.

Bottom half, I’ve filled with all sorts of bits I might need ie brolly guys ropes, reed cutter, pole bungs, hand wheels etc

Top half, stuff I’m more likely to use ie various waggler floats, feeders & bombs etc

If it’s park near your peg, the bag stays in the car, if it’s a barrow jobbie, it’s 1 extra bag to load up.

As said before, after going through loads of luggage (Preston Monster, MAP Dual, Matrix Ethos, Preston Supera, Guru Fusion), I’ve finally found a solution that works for me. I like it because it’s well thought out, as you say, fits on the barrow nicely. Bait bag fits in barrow bag, roller bag is no bigger than it needs to be, stink bag no taller than it needs to be… perfect.

Last edited:

Buddy70

Cheers for the replies lads, definitely food for thought. I have the supera large bait bag at the moment just liked how the map stacks on the barrow 👍

frozengiblet

I have the Frenzee xl carryall. I’ve not had it long and it’s not been subjected to any down poors yet so can say how well the zips do at keeping the water out, however there is a good internal lip way higher than the zip seam so I’m hopeful it will be fine. I’m very happy the the size of it I’ve managed to fit loads in mine including loads of bait tubs, Eva storage for catapults, bait liquids and pole pores etc and Eva bait case fits on top and all zips up nicely. I also have the pole roller bag that has two roller and loads of rest and box attachments in there. So far no complaints and a great deal at the price I paid.