MAP TKS - Pulla Bungs - Not Fitting As I Thought

CNSam

Site Supporter
Hi guys,

So as I have an older pole (MAP TKS) (should put that in my forum signature), im opting to use Pulla Bungs. I've picked up a few MAP TKS Pulla Bungs which are advertised as "Fits TKS top kits without cutting".

I've gone to fit one this am and tried it out for size on both a Power Kit and a MAth Kit and im left with a good 2" of the pulla rod hanging out of the bottom...Just wondered (long shot I know) if anyone has come across this.

20210714_100020.jpg

Guessing im going to have to cut the bung down slightly as I can see me unshipping and snapping either the bung or the end of my pole section!

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
As long as the number 4 can seat correctly then it's fine but it does look a little bit long, you can trim it back slightly so it goes in further, just go carefully with a Stanley knife and don't slice the tube!

CNSam

Site Supporter
Got the stanley out and trimmed it up a little, sits just how I'd expect it to now. Just seemed far too long and can't help but think it would have impeded on unshipping.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Got the stanley out and trimmed it up a little, sits just how I'd expect it to now. Just seemed far too long and can't help but think it would have impeded on unshipping.
They can get in the way especially if your elastic stretches, I switched to side pullers as soon as I could.

CNSam

Site Supporter
They can get in the way especially if your elastic stretches, I switched to side pullers as soon as I could.
Aye, only just returning to the sport after some years and managed to pick the pole up quite cheaply with an array of top kits, cupping kit etc. Given it's age I don't fancy wrapping and adding side-puller, will just have to see how I get on and then look to potentially invest.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Aye, only just returning to the sport after some years and managed to pick the pole up quite cheaply with an array of top kits, cupping kit etc. Given it's age I don't fancy wrapping and adding side-puller, will just have to see how I get on and then look to potentially invest.
I've got an older Sensas pole, mate. I fitted side pullers & wraps to all my topkits without a problem. Even if you just do it on the power kit, it should be fine.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I fitted these bungs in my Preston pole top kits and trimmed them down - used it for the first time this week and I am super happy with the way they perform.

Certainly don’t see a need to convert to side puller ones