MAP TKS 625 v Daiwa Connoisseur G20

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstev

Dave
So then, been looking at buying a new pole for a while now, although it probably won't be until next Spring. Been looking at poles at around the 1000-1200 mark. From what I read they are only slightly inferior to the 2000+ poles and I can't justify saving that extra time for only a slight improvement in performance.

I saw on the website of one of my local shops, Nathans of Derby, that they had the Daiwa Connoisseur G20 in stock. I contacted them and they told me it could be displayed at full length in the shop. So I went this afternoon, and to my delight they also had the whole range of Map TKS poles on display [8D]

So I asked if I could compare the TKS 625 and the G20, which they professionally and happily did. They set up a seat box (Maver MX 3500 at that) and a pole roller half way to rest the poles on. They set them both up for me at 14.5m's and put them side by on the pole roller. It enabled me to compare them as closely as I needed to.

I must say I found very very very little differance between the two poles. They were both equally as stiff, with only a slight bit of droop at 14.5m's. I have got to admit they were heavier than I expected, but I had never held a pole at 14.5m's so I guess I had nothing to compare it against. If anything, the 625 was very slightly lighter than the G20, but very minimal. The finish on the G20 was slightly better, but I would be happy with the 625.

I suppose what will swing it for me is price and spares, on which Map win on both counts. So at the moment I will be looking to buy a Map TKS 625, although I wouldn't mind a feel of a Tri-Cast Senator XS.

A big thanks to Nathans of Derby too, their service was excellent and I would not mind paying a little more to buy from them knowing their after sales service is probably going to be the same. [:T]

pedro1098

im sure both pole are up to the task,im over the moon with my g20,fosters pole alley to test every pole on the market?

adzinderbyshire

they do stock the majority of poles on the market. I'd go for the g20 mate, in my opinion it is a better quality piece of kit.

sandy

i think for a pole of that price the g20 spares package is rubish!

pedro1098

Originally posted by sandy

i think for a pole of that price the g20 spares package is rubish!
1st rubish is spelt "rubbish" sandy,why do you thing the spares packageof a g20 is "rubbish",you can buy short 4s,it comes with 4 match kits & 2 multi bores,you can change the number 1s to different sizes in the multi bores,daiwa is uk made so unlike other brands waiting for spares is not a problem,the tourney sections fit the g20 as does the g8 & so on.

pole addict

Maybe the spares package on the Daiwa is smaller than the map because the rest of the pole is better quality. [?][?]

dumdum

just bought a 525 from nathans, can't recommend highly enough, tried the 625 but couldn't justify the difference between the two in terms of performance, nice guys down at the shop

sandy

[[/quote] 1st rubish is spelt "rubbish" sandy,why do you thing the spares packageof a g20 is "rubbish",you can buy short 4s,it comes with 4 match kits & 2 multi bores,you can change the number 1s to different sizes in the multi bores,daiwa is uk made so unlike other brands waiting for spares is not a problem,the tourney sections fit the g20 as does the g8 & so on.

1st packageof is two different words pedro! the G20 is a cracking pole but only 2 power kits. preston 2001 and sr6 are both cheaper and have better spares packages. and i dont think theres much in it between any of them. so would i pay an extra 200 plus for the G20? NO!

stikflote

Site Supporter
Pedro
i wouldnt worry about Sandys spelling,
when you post
Why do you THING the spare,s,,surely you mean THINK

Status
Not open for further replies.