Map Parabolix Layflat 8 tube holdall

captaincargo

I have had mine for over 2 months now and used it countless times so now is the time to add my review on it.
The idea behind the holdall is great,solving a problem that i have had for many year`s.Conventional holdall`s dont open up enough to give you sight of what`s in the tubes and when,like me,you carry your top kits in a standard rod tube you really need to pull the tube out to tip it up to slide the kits out.
The Layflat gives you full length zip access to every tube in it`s full form,no tangly strap type retainers or pockets at the bottom to get in the way.
It comes with two seperate rigid rod compartments that each hold two made up rods,the compartments are individually screen printed with word `float` on one and `feeder` on the other,the latterhas a separtae sleeve inside to house a 1" tip tube to store your spare feeder tips.
The only downsides to this holdall is the material used now im not sure if the rain found it`s way in thorough the material itself or the zip areas but after one match sat in non stop rain there was water in each compartment.
The sizing of the holdall itself is qestionable as there is no space for an umbrella if you cram 8 tubes in the holdall`s main compartment, so if you do carry an umbrella then allow one tube capacity for that.I also carry a feeder arm and with the size of knuckle`s on these id also allow for another tube to be taken off capacity.
Overall the holdall is good,extremly easy to use and solid,the strap is very well cushioned and strong.

lavo-1

Cheers mate, I'm currently looking into getting one. Thanks for the review.

Last edited by a moderator:

simplemind

I liked mine but found it too bulky for my needs so I sold it. Well designed and made though

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
I agree with Simplemind (we're not related are we?), I have had one for about 18 months now, no problem with leaks though, but it is very heavy/Bulky.

[V]

bigboxboy

I had one but sold it now trying to get the 6 tube one as the 8 I found was to big it filled the car but they are very well made I have all the map lay flatgear

neil.boro

Brilliant holdal, but I'm gonna sell mine ,decided to take less with me

mikeb511

Site Supporter
I have the Map Parabolix Lay flat 6 tube holdall for two year,s now not had a problem with it at all [:T][:T]