MAP Interceptor Carp

Status
Not open for further replies.

BristolSmithy

Hi, I'm looking to get a Carp Pole for about 250 and have been able to find a Map Interceptor for that price. Was wondering if anyone has one or knows someone that does?

Had a waggle in the shop and it feels pretty stiff (and a little heavy, but it's balance seems to make it easy to handle).

BristolSmithy

Was also wondering if anybody knows wether the top kits from a Matchtek 11 will fit this pole?

BristolSmithy

Well, I've taken the plunge and bought it... Not had a proper tryout yet but it feels good under the waggle test!!! Topkits from matchtek 11 don't fit as they're too big, anybody know how i can get them to fit without cutting them down?

chubby chubber

Site Supporter
if you got a matchtek 2 why buy another pole this will do any job you ask of it [;)][;)] people turn there noses up when they here the name M A P dont no why this is a good all rounder carnt be that bad giles cochrane fishes with one and he aint no mug[:I][:D][:D]

BristolSmithy

Bust a few sections on the matchtek 11 and it'll cost me a fair bit more to get them fixed than the new pole has cost. I'll be getting the Matchtek 11 fixed when I can afford it, but though it'd be good to get something a bit more powerful for those situations when extra 'meat' is required (snapped the matchtek 11 while playing a carp which made me realise that it isn't as tough as I first thought)

I agree with you 100% MAP poles are brilliant, good value for money and great spares packages.. Very underrated

chubby chubber

Site Supporter
i have never bust any how did you bust the sections was you fishing snaggy pegs because it aint lumping pole mate but its got loads of power ive had them ti 15 pound no problem maybe its not the pole maybe its just the way your fishing [;)] tell me how you have snapped them it could be the laggys or something al see if i can help ya out[:I][:D]

BristolSmithy

It wasn't a snaggy peg and I was using black hydro, which i've never had any problems with. In fact there's no doubt at all that snapping the matchtek was my own fault!!!

I was fishing at 13mtrs, getting quite a few smaller carp when out of the blue i gently lift into something big... It proceeds to shoot off going two pegs to the right and snagging me in some lilly pads... Fair enough I thought, I'll step up a bit, so I replaced the rig with a 0.18 straight through - get another bite straight away and exactly the same thing happened again... Right, thats it i thought, replaced the rig again and went 0.2 staright through.. Get another bite after about a minute of putting the rig in.. Shoots off o the right, I pull in the opposit direction and then snap, the fith section snaps... To make matters worse, because i'm snagged in the lillys again trying to retrieve the rig i snap the top kit as well...
Very frustrating!!!

So I popped into calcotts in Sheffield to see if i can get a new no 5 section (which they haven't) and see that there having a closing down sale (get yourself down there if your in sheffield, there are some right bargains to be had) and I spot the Interceptor carp for 250, comes with a load of top kits and seems to be a good pole for a ham fisted individual such as myself....

I'll definitely be getting the matchtek fixed when I get some more cash (I've been quoted 30 by scott at eselle and about 20 p&p), which'll leave me with a match pole and a carp pole for situations when some beef is required...

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Sorry but im afraid you are fishing totally wrong, theres no reason at all as to why your pole should snap if you have the correct lines and elastics fitted. Ive used a power kit on my MAP m16 and managed to snap a 6lb hooklength due to a snag.Im sure I could snap a 10lb hooklength. Its so strong I have no worries. The only crack is one I made by standing on the 14.5m section.

BristolSmithy

It's ok, there's no need to apologise... I realise it was my own fault, I'm not denying that. I think that the problem was the amount of welly I was giving it to stop it getting into the lilly's (think the anglers in the next two pegs were getting a bit peeved with my carp running through there swim every five minutes as well). The matchtek 11 just ain't designed to cope with that kind of pressure.... Especially with a numpty like me on the other end!!!

Which is why i wanna get a pole that is up to this kind of work.. Steve Ringer did an article in this month APF where he was fishing for large carp in the margins, he was using a power pole for this situation (techinum margin) cause it's designed for the job and his usual match pole wasn't up to it. If it's good enough for him then who am I to argue...

chubby chubber

Site Supporter
just because the pro s do it dont follow siut first off try not fishing hydro mate as close to a peg where you carnt stop em its just an accident waitin [;)]to happen and the second is have more faith in your self ie dont think that just because you trashed three rigs that your not doin it right just think at the time whats not right try a solid laggy then step up from there you will be suprised with the out come[;)][:D][:D]

BristolSmithy

I see your point chubby, cheers for the advice.

Think I might start using some solid laggy in combination with hydro, I think that this has highlighted that hydro isn't suitable for all situations...

Status
Not open for further replies.