MAP H30 v Matrix F25

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Looking around at new seatbox's, hankering for a Rive as I have an old one, but looking at them, not sure if the footplate is independent from the seat or fixed distance from seat, plus prices are mad so looked elsewhere. Thinking between the 2 in title, anyone have one ? I see people recommend the matrix box's, just wondering about weight,durability.functionality of both. Theres a used MAP one with extras on eBay, looks good,price good, or a brand new one at a ridiculously cheap price (dodgy?) Any help would be appreciated.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
It's the H30 lite I'm on about, is the only difference between the H30 & H30 lite the base unit ?

Jenson

Once a tankie ... always a tankie
Hi,
Never had a map box but the matrix f25 I have is spot on for me. I've had matchbox and maver seatboxes before but this one is the best imho, rock solid even when legs extended as for the weight waaaaay lighter than the maver 200 box I had And I would say similar to the matchbox I had,however, having said that I use a trolley so,weight not so much an issue, sliding footplate independent of mainframe, sidedrawers only open one way but you can turn them round to suit the way you want them (if you know what I mean) if you carry Pole rigs then you would need to buy a tray unit to accommodate them, I can't comment on the map but I'm a happy bunny with the f25?

TrickyD

Site Supporter
@TrickyD This might suit you:
Mark's Tackle
Stourport
Worcestshire
Got the MAP H30 lite, looks OK and has extra module, less than £190 inc delivery (2nd hand). There is a place selling the H30 lite for £195 new.

broadie1

fisherman
Site Supporter
Matrix for me used mine 3 days a week on natural venues sound and versatile spares easy to come by

chris1967

Site Supporter
I have the h30 lite ,not much between them to be honest ,i like the 30mm legs on the map

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Well, still on the lookout, seller can't get box delivered, so got refund.

chris1967

Site Supporter
you may as well wait now till next month black friday sale at angling direct ,last year i got 20% off