Map H30 comp

AdeR

Anyone use a Map h30 comp ?
How do you find it , still looking for a new box and prefer a more traditional type.
Seems a toss up between the map and the new preston inception D 350 though I am not keen on the fact the preston only has 4 of the 6 legs extendable.

SpeedyJD

I've got the H30 lite, I'm about 13 stone and to say it's not a frame it's fairly solid. The deep drawers open fine with me sat on it, the top shallow drawer just needs me to ease my arse up a bit to open n close. What I didn't like about the Preston was the short foot plate, its rubbish for tall anglers, I'm 6ft 1" and my legs wanted to hang off the front. Footplate on the MAP is spot on.
And as you say 6 telescopic legs with the MAP.

mbuna_matt

Another big fan of the MAP H30,its a great box, I especially like the flexibility having removable / stacking units. Maver do something similar as the "Venue" box, again flexible with removable drawers / rig tray options.

Useful way of cutting down all the rubbish you don't need. I tend to have a tray for commercials and one from rivers. That way I don't carry stick floats and method feeders I don't want.

jasonb

Account Locked
The H30 is a lot better build quality than the inception, I would consider it to be one of my best fishing purchases in the last few years

Simon R

Site Supporter
Had my H30 Comp since January 2018 and to date nothing's fell off it, snapped or disintegrated.
Everything that's supposed to move does and everything that doesn't doesn't.

Only thing it doesn't come with is a winder tray, so I purchased one separately.
Most Inception owners end up buying a set of telescopic legs as the box only comes with four as standard rather than the usual six

My previous box was one of the original five drawer Preston Onbox and I owned that for thirteen years, and would probably still be using it but saw a MAP advertised for a silly price in somebodies January sale and bought it 'cos it was a bargain. Although it's decent quality and well put together I doubt it will also go 13 years. :p

Simon

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
I got the Inception when it first came out , prior to that I had the absolute compact. In my mind both are brilliant boxes, I looked at the H30 lite at the time I was buying the Inception, I thought the Inception was the better box , I had the space shuttle and that helped my decision as well. Had to buy new adapters for the box though.