map again!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodring

Account Locked
ive noticed a lot of people complaining about map gear, me included i dont think as individuals we are going to get any joy on this .,but if enough people voice their complaints on this link , i will down load it and send it to the man in charge. if no joy then to the letters page of every angling publication. we cant all be wrong.

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
He who pay,s the piper calls the tune rodring Mucker.
I have already gone down your first road and they couldnt have been less intrested had they been proffesional tackle producers mate, (get the dripping sarcasm).
As regards the angling press telling the truth of their stuff with the advertising revenue they get from them I think you have more chance of pulling Demi Moore mate and MAP are probably fully aware of that.
My holdall and carry all have almost fell in peices in just a couple of months. I cant be the only one and they must know they have a very poor quality item there and they are still flogging them off.
Just vote with your feet Mucker. Eventually they will lose.

strat2

all of my map stuff is top class i have a map adrenalin all of the cfs clothing map. nets, feeders all sorts i think its top stuff

floatfisher

Site Supporter
I have had four MAP float rods over the last 7 years (I still have two of them) and I have to say they have all been spot on both for performance and quality. I did make the mistake of buying a MAP waterproof?? jacket and bib and brace a few years back and I have to say it was very poor quality. Yhe zip toggles fell off within weeks and it wasn't long before it began to let water in. So in my experience I would certainly recommend their rods but be wary of their clothing. As for holdalls/carryalls I stick with the best of British-- GTI.

davyr

I too have sung the praises of MAP rods on here before now - I've got 3 of them and I'm very happy with their performance. The only slight niggle I have with my latest purchase (CFS Commercial Power 1.6lb tc)is that the reel seat won't accept reels below 5000 size, without a lot of lateral movement, which means I can't use my favourite Shimano GTM 4000 reel with it...

adam_f

my map rod holdall fell apart at the seams, but my grandad has had brilliant customer service from them.

adam_f

forgot to add : it seems that the clothing and luggage is the problem not the rods and poles

strat2

i think its up to use and abuse and bad batch.

as i sed i have all of the map cfs clothing and have had the jacket nearly a year and its never let me down.. i use it more than anyone probly on this topic i use it every day yes every on my paper round! even adam_f can back me up on the because he does one too!

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
Its nothing to do with use and abuse strat2. My luggage has literally fell apart at the seams. Its not use and abuse its plain cr*p.
Its ok a few people saying they had good rods etc etc but that doesnt entitle a company to sell off shoddy goods in other areas and then be totaly disintrested when you seek recompense.
You find out how good a company is by the way they deal with things that go wrong and MAP in my eyes have been garbage.
The luggage cost around 70 quid and it hasnt lasted 3 months.
The stitching on both the carry all and the holdall have fell apart.
You can no longer carry rods safely in the holdall and you can no longer put anything in the pockets of the carryall so basically your left with a pile of rag you cant even clean your boots with and speaking with MAP on the phone they couldnt care less.
I dont care how good some people think their rods are.

Medussa

Originally posted by BARRYBLOKE

Its nothing to do with use and abuse strat2. My luggage has literally fell apart at the seams. Its not use and abuse its plain cr*p.
Its ok a few people saying they had good rods etc etc but that doesnt entitle a company to sell off shoddy goods in other areas and then be totaly disintrested when you seek recompense.
You find out how good a company is by the way they deal with things that go wrong and MAP in my eyes have been garbage.
The luggage cost around 70 quid and it hasnt lasted 3 months.
The stitching on both the carry all and the holdall have fell apart.
You can no longer carry rods safely in the holdall and you can no longer put anything in the pockets of the carryall so basically your left with a pile of rag you cant even clean your boots with and speaking with MAP on the phone they couldnt care less.
I dont care how good some people think their rods are.

People can only judge by their own experience, I have had a Map holdhall for 5 years and it's still as good as the day I bought it. (except its dirty) I also have had a bib and brace for 2 years and again can't fault it.

adam_f

u have had the jacket for coming up to a year but the bibb n brace only a matter of days so we shall see about it. my cfs rod holdall was terrible. i only use map rocket feeders thats it from map.

rodring

Account Locked
ive had an map jacket bib and brace original lasted years ,its the new stuff thats the problem ! the cfs range, its the cheap cr*p leeda used to sell rebranded. dave harrell has washed his hands of it its not the same quality as when he produced it.

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
I know for a fact that a MAP are aware of this post. I know someone involved with MAP reads this forum. If they were any good they would be sorting it out.I believe in the same circumstances most companies would.

Status
Not open for further replies.