Mandatory Vaccines for NHS and Care Workers

Reuben

Site Supporter
Just read this....

Analysis from the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust has revealed lower proportions of black and Asian staff being vaccinated.
It found that 70.9% of white staff had come forward, compared with 58.5% of South Asian staff and 36.8% of black staff.... :eek:
Sod them - more for people who want it.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Only nurses that work with my daughter that didn’t have the vaccine are ones who maybe be thinking of having a child in next few years.
No research in that area.
Also most have had covid so not so scared of getting it and dying

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
My missus is a midwife Rob. She’s wanting the vaccine but, she’s allergic to all sorts of things. She had some tests done a fortnight ago and is now waiting on the results. At 54 I reckon it’s gonna be a while before they get around to me. Hope it makes me a better angler. I need all the help I can get. 😳🤣🤣
i hope your missus can have the vaccine , some wont be able to because of allergic and other medical conditions . Im 58 but theyre giving it because i had a stroke about 10 years ago ,i think thats the reason . I hope they keep.making good progress so we all get the vaccine quickly. 😍

Last edited by a moderator:

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
My missus is a midwife Rob. She’s wanting the vaccine but, she’s allergic to all sorts of things. She had some tests done a fortnight ago and is now waiting on the results. At 54 I reckon it’s gonna be a while before they get around to me. Hope it makes me a better angler. I need all the help I can get. 😳🤣🤣
From your right ups you are a good angler already ,your telling porkies lol

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
As has already been stated many times the vaccine doesn't as yet prevent you from catching or transmitting it, it just vastly reduces the chance of you becoming seriously ill if you do.

I personally cannot see the argument in restricting people from going into shops, cinemas, or even travel, etc, if they have not been vaccinated as it will not matter to others either way.
However, I can see insurance companies, employers, travel companies, refusing those that haven't been vaccinated as the risk factor of becoming ill will be greater. I presume there will be clauses with foreign travel - no vaccine = no medical insurance.
Same as employers might favour those who have had the vaccine over those that haven't for absence monitoring purposes.

Lots of ground to cover yet before anything is cast in stone.

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
because its not mandatory for anyone to have the vaccine, it never will be.

And the only thing you could do is change employment contracts to state you have to be vaccinated which again will never happen.

remember its only a vaccine, it doesnt stop you catching covid, it just limits its impact.
Saw a care home owner being interviewed last week on the news ,he said only 50 % of his care workers would have the vaccine, he also said he could not force his current work force to be vaccinated, but he was changing the terms of future employment contracts for new employers so no vaccine means no job.
When going for quite a few jobs their are terms and conditions which are not of the norm for normal working people, so can see most care homes changing their term and conditions for new employee's

grey

Site Supporter
First of all this is a free country. If the Government start insisting on vaccinations for all workers in a particular sector where does that end? For many conspiracy theorists that would be the "proof" they are seeking. As has been said, vaccination may reduce transmission to some degree but does not prevent you from being a carrier. So the vaccination only really aids the person, not those with whom they come into contact. So if you want to run the risk of contracting the virus carry on refusing the vaccine. I am assuming that is why The Boss and I got ours early, due to the number who have turned the jab down. I say thank you to them.

As for a passport? Forgeries of all kinds of official documents abound. You know that there will be fake vaccination passports/cards in circulation very quickly. Not worth the paper they are printed on.

Now, if everyone was microchipped ......
They insist we have a fishing licence before we can fish... it ain't all that free

Reuben

Site Supporter
As has already been stated many times the vaccine doesn't as yet prevent you from catching or transmitting it, it just vastly reduces the chance of you becoming seriously ill if you do.

I personally cannot see the argument in restricting people from going into shops, cinemas, or even travel, etc, if they have not been vaccinated as it will not matter to others either way.
However, I can see insurance companies, employers, travel companies, refusing those that haven't been vaccinated as the risk factor of becoming ill will be greater. I presume there will be clauses with foreign travel - no vaccine = no medical insurance.
Same as employers might favour those who have had the vaccine over those that haven't for absence monitoring purposes.

Lots of ground to cover yet before anything is cast in stone.
Spot on regarding life & travel insurance companies, Dave. They will mitigate their risk by increasing premiums or refusing cover.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
The impossible can be attained quickly but miracles never happen!!!!
So, you did lower yourself to our standards then Geoff ? And I always thought you were better than that. 🤣🤣.
How’s sunny Darfield treating you ? Warm enough for ya ? 8* here today. Positively barmy. 🙄