Man U

nutmeg

Site Supporter
When football clubs only had the two kit designs for years and years and only used numbers 1 to 11 on their shirts, not the silly squad numbers thats the gimmick these days, the red and black stripes was the Man City 2nd kit colours.

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
Never mind the score , I was more fascinated by Aubameyang 's forehead well it's more like a fivehead , he'd give the Mekon a run for his money

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Too many managers come and gone now for it to be solely a manager issue. Plenty of players have come and gone too, some who shouldn't have been allowed to go and some who should have gone by now who either aren't good enough or are a drain on the environment, the finances and on others. Can't expect solutions when there is so much that needs fixing and people seemingly reluctant to fix it.

Neville: Something inherently wrong with the top and the transfers- agree
Keane: Some of the players aren't good enough-agree
Keane: Some of the players aren't putting in a shift-agree
All: Ole will be the next of a string of managers out of the door-agree

On the last point how do you explain these 3 results; beat PSG, convincingly beat last seasons CL semi-finalists, then little effort yesterday? Had we beaten Arsenal, then there would be no talk of any of the above and it would be Utd are on the up. We are still an awful team every 3 games.

What a mess.

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
I think Champions league is more important to some teams now , to the extent that the league title comes a poor second sadly

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Title is miles off Mick, CL or not, nor should we get carried away thinking we are anywhere near in the running for the CL, it is just that the games recently fell well in what we do nowadays, win a couple of games, then are poor again.

That Arsenal midfielder getting all the plaudits for what as a good display is quite poignant in that most of ours either give the ball away the majority of the time and/or blatantly don't give much of a ****. McTominay, Fernandez, Matic and Mata and the wide forward players i don't include in that so much. In Mctominay's case, he came off that pitch frustrated, so i never mind a player who isn't a superstar necessarily, but does seem to care, the opposite of that is what has been killing the place. James had two good games in as many years-his first two games. Van de Boek i can't comment on really, but what on earth we are doing sitting him on the bench i don't know. I am hoping that Ole has the danglys to not fear benching some of these others and give the bloke a run.

Rather seen one or two others go, rather than Herrara for example.

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
Never seen anybody give the ball away as much as Fred, as for Pogba I' m done with him , when has he ever influenced a game , I too can't understand the Van de Boek situation , very strange .I 'd like to see Cavani get a start with Rashford as front two

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Never seen anybody give the ball away as much as Fred, as for Pogba I' m done with him , when has he ever influenced a game , I too can't understand the Van de Boek situation , very strange .I 'd like to see Cavani get a start with Rashford as front two

Fred worst for it in our third of the pitch yea.
On the radio other day Mick they were bemused how much stick the defence seem to be escaping, although part of this was kick someone when they are down mentality (McGuire), they clearly seemed to be missing the Pogba point. They (rightly at that point) suggested 13 goals had been conceded, what they missed is that when one of your midfielders (90 million quids worth of midfielder) have been responsible either directly or indirectly for half of those; penalties given away (Spurs and Arsenal), not tracking your man back (every game) and wasteful with possession (every other game), it doesn't seem to me to be a defending issue to me.

Disagreed with Neville the other night when he suggested Bassaka isn't a threat going forward? Been one of the few to doing ok to me, perhaps he has got bored of getting down there, delivering the quality we were lacking with Young and finding still that no one gambles one near, one far, one short cut back.

Just lost again, as i predicted, couple good performances, then couple not good. Its ok, we will win next game- The form of a about a fifteenth placed team.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Whats the difference between Ole Solksjaer and an Arsonist
🤣
🤣
🤣

An Arsonist wouldn't waste his last 3 matches

160642fishing

Site Supporter
I always thought there was some honour among football managers,it being such a precarious profession but I saw in the press the other day how Pochettino was saying how much he'd like to manage Man U.He'll probably get the chance soon and if he does it would be justice if he made a balls up.

H T B

Site Supporter
I always thought there was some honour among football managers,it being such a precarious profession but I saw in the press the other day how Pochettino was saying how much he'd like to manage Man U.He'll probably get the chance soon and if he does it would be justice if he made a balls up.
I honestly don't get the Poch love in.
What has he achieved?

Listening to him on Sky sports for the City [that's Leicester ;) ] v Leeds game, if he was my manager, id be falling asleep!