Man U

Stansthirdboy

Site Supporter
In Memoriam
As you all know I am a United fan through and through, but our penalties awarded this season is getting embarassing.
Was it a penalty, not sure, but I think Rashford made the most of it.

I watched the game and to be honest I can't make my mind up whether we are worse with Pogba in the team or not.

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
By the letter of the law it was a penalty as there was contact. Rashford did make the most of it, all players do it as they know it will go to VAR and penalty will be given.

When Pogba plays well he certainly makes us better but he does it that rarely it's time to get rid and look for an alternative.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Its been the same at Man United for Years, why ya think they won so much ?

H T B

Site Supporter
For an experienced defender, Walker seems to be getting caught out a fair bit this season, in the penalty area.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Fans or no fans, that was a Manchester derby? Looked more like an 11 v 11 in a training session for players of the same club, made worse by the love in at the end too, i knew Keano would have something to say about all that, and rightly so.

Before and during the game all you got is that Utd must stop the slide, it's a must not lose and they need a performance-all because of the midweek result, then job done at the end. Cannot see any sense in playing a game with that mentality because of how you end up approaching it and then how little you explore during it. Yes City can be blamed too for their part in proceedings and how rigid and unadventurous they were-compared to how they usually play, but from a Utd perspective, no-one would have increased any pressure on the manager or the team had we had a go, but lost this game. It's more when you are losing to teams that the odds say should be a win and we have lost sometimes that draw the awkward questions. Our recent results against City have been good so why not have a go?

May be City didn't wish to play in our hands and allow us to then counter attack and with both sides getting a point, that they had clearly wanted. Some might say given this criticism that they can't win, but in the eyes of those fans not currently there, sometimes by trying to win at least, yes you can lose, but you win a bit of much needed respect that has yet to be earned.

I would say that in the immediate game after going out of the champions league, you should then set your stall out for the next game to not be a must not lose, but actually a must win, be the wounded animal and show some grit in actually trying to get back in it for next season, draws and aiming for draws certainly won't cut it in a season especially where everyone can largely beat anyone else on a given day.

If anyone can tell me that a point nearer or a point gained conservative approach is where the game is at now, i might do a bit more fishing on a Saturday in future. You can go and support your team, for love of the team, for the love of the live experience and through thick and thin, but if there were fans there last night and from both clubs, that would have been in my book an awful lot of people being cheated out of their money.

Last edited:

Stansthirdboy

Site Supporter
In Memoriam
What does this shower need for motivation, I thought the first half was dire, you'd think we were struggling to stay up, instead of vying for second

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Will take it of course, if league position is the measure. The only thing i will say is that the league isn't what it has been in previous seasons, looks like the lower side of 80 points will take it this year. A season with the others fully on it would see our shortcomings highlighted.

We have found a way to put results together in a time when others aren't in a league where many results aren't that much of a shock-everyone bar a the odd few capable of beating everyone else.

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
Who would have thought we would be joint top. 2 months ago we were 9 points behind Liverpool and people calling for Ole's head.

Stansthirdboy

Site Supporter
In Memoriam
Who would have thought we would be joint top. 2 months ago we were 9 points behind Liverpool and people calling for Ole's head.
Is it more to do with other teams failings than our success ?
Liverpool have seen a surprising drop in form over the christmas period

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
Is it more to do with other teams failings than our success ?
Liverpool have seen a surprising drop in form over the christmas period
Possibly. Been a strange season, the lack of fans isn't helping any teams. Not saying we will be close to Liverpool at the end of the season but a month or 2 can make such a difference.

Stansthirdboy

Site Supporter
In Memoriam
Possibly. Been a strange season, the lack of fans isn't helping any teams. Not saying we will be close to Liverpool at the end of the season but a month or 2 can make such a difference.
Exactly, Villa were vying for third spot last night, whereas last season they were trying to avoid relegation

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
The lack of fans has probably hit United the hardest and with London looking like it will stay in Tier Four for a long time yet,they might not get fans back for a while.
😂😂😂