Man Of Courage

brian carragher

Site Supporter
Gareth Thomas the Welsh rugby player has just announced he's HIV positive

Plenty going on in his life but I reckon he must have plenty of bottle to confront the haters and homophobes that seem to troll him on social media

Maybe by going public with his condition he can educate as to what can be achieved with modern medicine and how with one pill a day your life , nor anyone elses does not get compromised in any way

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Given the vast array of drugs available today, its not the death sentence it used to be... nowadays a one a day regimen is the norm

davylad

Site Supporter
Yeah Wisey I agree, I'd loved to have met him, to talk about when he played, he was a cracking player.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
What is sad about all of this is Thomas was not going to say anything but felt he had to before it became common knowledge through the media.
Although it is a great opportunity for awareness and good to come out of it, this would not have happened otherwise.
And sadly there is some truth in what Shang says with sterotyping as this will be the first thing that many will relate to based on what has gone before.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Ya all know I have a lot of gay friends and not just men, and to be honest I have a way with words but can’t imagine what it’s like to admit to family and friends your sexuality if it’s not what they thought never mind to the world ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The cynic in me asks the question that if he had not contracted HIV would he have started campaigning?

Dont get me wrong I wish him well, however many people do not do anything about anything until it affects them or a close member of their family and then it is all hands on so to speak