Man City out of champions league.

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
Didn't watch it but by all accounts Pep got the tactics wrong, too defensive with most of the creative players on the bench.

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
If you get drag into the hipe , then Pep was supposed to be the master technician. Well every season he come to city he’s fallen short in Europe, hardly an even average technician. I for one loved it when Sterling blazed over, co co the clown sprang to mind😁🤡🤡. Such a big gap to bridge for a small club😂😂

Tinca606

Pep was brought to city to bring the cl trophy to the etihad. To be honest, I think City are trying to buy success, the fallout will be interesting.

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
If you look at their history, without the money, they rarely won anything except for about 3 or 4 years late 60’s early 70’s.
Let’s not forget the shame they brought on Manchester by playing in the old division 3. Even now, their stadium is often half empty, if you listen to the empty heads from certain parts, they’d tell you Manchester is blue, but as everyone with a bit sense will tell you, it is and has always been RED.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
If you look at their history, without the money, they rarely won anything except for about 3 or 4 years late 60’s early 70’s.
Let’s not forget the shame they brought on Manchester by playing in the old division 3. Even now, their stadium is often half empty, if you listen to the empty heads from certain parts, they’d tell you Manchester is blue, but as everyone with a bit sense will tell you, it is and has always been RED.
Gotta agree with ya There Walshy mate (y) (y) a Lot of the Man U lot have Gone to support Liverpool now they are Good :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

emmaemma

Site Supporter
And now their neighbours from old Trafford are out. They're as bad as me, I seem to struggle to get past a semi...... :eek:

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
As a United fan never expected us to win this tie. Need a new striker who will score goals. Martial and Rashford will score against most premier league defences but you need a player who wont leave the box, van nistelrooy would have killed the game off

Northantslad

'Any indications?
As a United fan never expected us to win this tie. Need a new striker who will score goals. Martial and Rashford will score against most premier league defences but you need a player who wont leave the box, van nistelrooy would have killed the game off
Think at the tail end of the recent run, confidence and belief within the players has lead to a very frustrating way of playing. By that i mean that when you are ticking over, you go back to what to you know and basics to get results, when you get on a run it can lead to over playing, which in recent games has seen us try and make great chances out of good ones and over play it. Although Seville defended very well, taking that extra touch, trying to thread that extra pass or taking on another player instead of getting a shot in lowers the percentage of the attack coming to something and increases the percentage of times where an opposition player sniffs out the play.

In terms of attacking, Greenwood and Fernandez have been clearly effective, but, and coming back to your point Yorkie, now we have improved on some quality delivery into the box and across the goal area, with Bassaka for example, it has been very frustrating to still see a lack of bodies in the box- we have players that are comfortable sitting and receiving the ball wide and cutting in, but rarely do i seem to see the near post and back post gamble run in for those types of balls. Agree fully, that although we have followed fashion as most teams don't have that type of players, we are crying for one if they exist anymore, i thought Ighalo's form and in that role was best we have for that glaring space and to make us more rounded, but he's been benched more often than he has started, may be due to contracts or others who 'must play' on name. Either way we aren't that rounded at present, mission accomplished as in top four, but in two games that i felt were just as crucial that the club may not have, the Seville game highlighted that we have a few similar players, as did to a degree the Chelsea game, although in that one, i think Ole paid Chelsea too much respect in his defensive set up, then not enough respect to them in his player selection for that set up.

Keeper wise, i won't join the De Gea out cries, but with Ole breaking the 'rule' of selection for cup games mid run twice now, if he isn't careful, he is going to have one very good keeper who is down on form, another who has been very reliable who will have his nose pushed out (rightly so after getting us to two semi's then being benched) and one who is rated as the next great keeper chomping at the bit, or at least being billed as a solution, but with little form in a Utd shirt to go on, so not like he has played as Utd's second keeper and edged out the number one which happens in most situations.

Might be an interesting transfer market, if the club as a whole does indeed want to build on the foundations and what highlights there have been this season. I certainly don't want us to rest on this though, in a dynamic premier league 4th this season and without consolidating and making some big calls is 5th/6th next season.

spudnudd

I've been a Man City fan all my life and remember when City were as big as Man Utd in the old days but i don't care what team it is as its a dream when your club gets massive financial backing.As for the result the other night Pep did his usual and made changes that he thought would work but it didn't and i got the feeling he had got it wrong on the night but i've had the same feelings before but he proved me wrong.Same old story the other night opposition took their chances and we fluff ours but thats football.Looking at Man City now they are like no other club in the world as its a football group with i think nine teams throughout the world so as for me seeing us go through the bad times and the p-ss took out of us its very amusing.Back to Pep he won everything domestically in a season but the Champions League is getting a thorn in his side but as a manager he's won it in the past so hopefully he will remain at City until he wins it again.If he leaves who can replace him and so a better job? the football when they are on fire is mouth watering to watch and i always thought the same about past Barcelona teams its a style and class of football i love to watch.Well thers always next season and City will get the knockers if they win or lose everything but i'm old school City fan not a trophy hunter like most of them today.

spudnudd

With an heading Man City Out Of Europe i didn't expect Man Utd fans on here crying about their misfortunes :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

spudnudd

Not the case when trying to buy a couple of tickets for league games but we don't do not have as many non mancs at our games :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
Exactly the largest post code for season ticket holders are from Stockport. Explain how that makes them Mancs