Man, 74, lost keepsake from dad he never met when yob kicked him in Mersey

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter

I used to think that comments about lenient sentences were just what you read online in the comments sections of newspapers, but 10 weeks does seem pretty lenient here, given he has a criminal record and the chap was 74.
Yes ten years is better ,i think people would think a lot more if big sentences were handed out to scum bags

mikeb511

Site Supporter

Similar incident here if anybody remembers. Tossers.
chesterchronicle

0_LEC_EKR_200521_BENJAMIN1.jpg
(Image: SWNS)

this is what this s---t got
An 18-year-old man who kicked an elderly pensioner into a river in Warrington has been jailed for 10 weeks.

Benjamin Bridgeman, of Quebec Road in Warrington, and a 15-year-old boy, who can't be named for legal reasons, both pleaded guilty to being involved in the shocking incident on April 25.

At around 2.30pm that day, Bridgeman was filmed by the boy running towards the 74-year-old man, who was sat by the River Mersey near Riverside Retail Park.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Yep out in 5,
A list of convictions s as long as your arm.
Didnt interact with probation services before his court case, kept putting the phone down on them.
He should have got at least 6 months,
The stretch he pushed the elderly gentleman in is tidal, there is a fair flow on it .
The general consensus around warrington is that the lad will be walking round looking over his shoulder when he is released.

Robwooly

Pretty depressing stuff, I'd also like to sit down that judge and ask him/her what they were thinking in passing such a sentence. The much vaunted British Legal system? Hmmm sounds like the law is still an arse.

Had yobs throw stones at my dad whilst fishing once, I chased after them with my landing net handle which somehow had a seymo weed cutter blade attached to it, funny that. They ran pretty fast as I was going to use it, on the weeds of course, tidy the place up and all that.

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
Our Government can afford to be magnanimous to other countries by giving them money and vaccines, because it makes them look good in the eyes of other rich countries, but they decline to be magnanimous to their own citizens by clamping down on anti-social behaviour because it might upset the law-breakers. Mustn't upset them.

Tristar

Site Supporter
Let's just hope that dear Benjamin gets a cell mate with and exceedingly large apendage and a penchant for chav booty !
mmm mmm Big Barry's "special friend" I sincerely hope this trackie wearing chav loses his keepsake too. But come on ...10 weeks? stick two zeros on the end and we are only just talking justice.

74yr old man by the side of a River, the big BOY kicked him in? Did he stop to offer help in getting him out? If not attempted murder in my opinion.

Makes me laugh the article uses the words "karate kick" ha ha. If that fairy went to a Karate class to learn how to kick he will cry his little socks off as the bigger boys are picking on him and he can't respond with an art and skill. His mummy addressed the media in his defence lol lol lol. What a fecking wimp!! I would be so ashamed my mummy went to adult court with me. He's 19 years old for crying out loud, more than old enough to join the British Army, old enough to join the Special Constabulary, old enough to join the RAF and Navy (our heroes by the way). If he wants to "fight" why not join those? He won't as he's a complete WIMP. If there was ever another world war and we rely on him I'll jump on the nearest bayonet.

I sincerely hope he's well known where he lives with his mummy and this will not go away when he's come out (of prison I mean).

If he gets community service (easy going labour) he should do it in Fishing tackle shops and litter picking on venues around the North West while wearing a t-shirt explaining who he is and his his mummy that's not even a yummy waiting for him in the car.

Sorry to rant, I love you all on here but these vermin make my pee boil. 74 for with his back turned for crying out loud.

Tristar

Site Supporter
p.s

A massive thank you and in my opinion a commendation to the two girls Ellie Hughs and Kloe Woods, they formed a chain to get the gentleman out. It shows there is some human compassion still left out there. They helped him out and that should be recognised.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
He'll no doubt use his five week stint inside as a badge of honour to show his mates how hard he is as he's done time.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
mmm mmm Big Barry's "special friend" I sincerely hope this trackie wearing chav loses his keepsake too. But come on ...10 weeks? stick two zeros on the end and we are only just talking justice.

74yr old man by the side of a River, the big BOY kicked him in? Did he stop to offer help in getting him out? If not attempted murder in my opinion.

Makes me laugh the article uses the words "karate kick" ha ha. If that fairy went to a Karate class to learn how to kick he will cry his little socks off as the bigger boys are picking on him and he can't respond with an art and skill. His mummy addressed the media in his defence lol lol lol. What a fecking wimp!! I would be so ashamed my mummy went to adult court with me. He's 19 years old for crying out loud, more than old enough to join the British Army, old enough to join the Special Constabulary, old enough to join the RAF and Navy (our heroes by the way). If he wants to "fight" why not join those? He won't as he's a complete WIMP. If there was ever another world war and we rely on him I'll jump on the nearest bayonet.

I sincerely hope he's well known where he lives with his mummy and this will not go away when he's come out (of prison I mean).

If he gets community service (easy going labour) he should do it in Fishing tackle shops and litter picking on venues around the North West while wearing a t-shirt explaining who he is and his his mummy that's not even a yummy waiting for him in the car.

Sorry to rant, I love you all on here but these vermin make my pee boil. 74 for with his back turned for crying out loud.
He lives in Quebec Rd, Orford,Warrington.
I think one or two will show him the error of his ways once he is released.

Edit, it's common knowledge where he lives, plus his address was printed in the local paper.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
He'll no doubt use his five week stint inside as a badge of honour to show his mates how hard he is as he's done time.
As far as I know ,he has gone to a young offenders place, There will more than likely be a few in there who will give him a slap once they find out what he is in for.