Mallory Park & Carp ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyA

Hi everyone,

I'm off to Mallory Park tomorrow for a day's fishing with a load of lads from my wife's workplace.

As I understand it about 15 or so of the lads will be match fishing whilst the rest pleasure fish (incidently I have previously posted a request for some info in the "where's fishing" section , thanks to adam or the reply).

It looks as if I'm going to get my first taste of match fishing albeit a fairly light hearted affair and unless I'm mistaken we will be fishing with only 1 rod ... is that the norm ? ...... here's the question that I've been building up to, if I'm fishing mainly for Carp what method should I be concentrating on at this time of the year ?, should I be legering close to the Island (if there is one)
or should I be looking to to float fish ... maybe on the surface ?.

I realise that this is asking an awful lot and that each venue will fish differently to the next, but If I can pick up a few tips from those of you with more experience I might be in with half a chance.

p.s the bait's I'll have available are :-

Sweetcorn, luncheon meat, bread, maggot, dog biscuit, hemp.

many thanks

Aaaah .... soon be fishing

ANJIEJON

hi andy im no expert but i think u should ledger with a method feeder or open end feeder put lots of bait in and use sweetcorn or meat on hook hope this helps and if there is islands fish to them

JOHNDEARN

Status
Not open for further replies.