Mallorca and the Farcical 14 Day Quarantine

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
As I said to my missus, 2020 is not on the calendar, it's a non-year, didn't happen, confined to room 101, forget about it :)

No chance nor need for a holiday in this present climate, you go to enjoy yourself, eat and drink out, enjoy the sunshine, meet new friends, and most importantly relax.
Not huddle together with a load of strangers on a plane who potentially want to infect or kill you, not stay in a (hopefully) sanitised hotel when everything has to be prebooked and planned for, assuming it's open, not to spend the days and evenings breathing through a paper mask avoiding contact with others, and not to eat and drink where you can rather than where you would like in an unsociable environment. And then come back in another tin can couped up with another load of strangers before being confined to barracks for a fortnight to see if you develop the lurgy or not as a lasting memory of the holiday - nah, forget that.

baboboy

Site Supporter
As I said to my missus, 2020 is not on the calendar, it's a non-year, didn't happen, confined to room 101, forget about it :)

No chance nor need for a holiday in this present climate, you go to enjoy yourself, eat and drink out, enjoy the sunshine, meet new friends, and most importantly relax.
Not huddle together with a load of strangers on a plane who potentially want to infect or kill you, not stay in a (hopefully) sanitised hotel when everything has to be prebooked and planned for, assuming it's open, not to spend the days and evenings breathing through a paper mask avoiding contact with others, and not to eat and drink where you can rather than where you would like in an unsociable environment. And then come back in another tin can couped up with another load of strangers before being confined to barracks for a fortnight to see if you develop the lurgy or not as a lasting memory of the holiday - nah, forget that

We were due to go to Lanzarote in March and got that cancelled just before we went into Lockdown.
We were due to go to Mexico in September obviously that didn't happen. Just been told our trip to Australia in January is being cancelled as Quantas have no intention of flying from the UK till,the middle of 2021.

Am I bothered we've not been away not in the slightest. I've missed not having holiday but I had no intention to go away this year.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
@Dave Your description did not match my experience.

26 people on the plane going out. Around 70-80 coming back but still socially distanced and breathing air that is regularly filtered. Yes we had to wear masks from entering the airport until leaving at the other end but could remove them when eating & drinking. We stayed in our usual apartment close to the beach (no masks), ate in restaurants of our choosing in the open air (no masks), took our usual long beachside strolls along the pinewalk (masks removed when separated from others). We did book one table at a restaurant, that was because it was their final night and they were putting on live music and expected to be busy. Otherwise all meals were without pre-booking.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Not huddle together with a load of strangers on a plane who potentially want to infect or kill you, not stay in a (hopefully) sanitised hotel when everything has to be prebooked and planned for, assuming it's open, not to spend the days and evenings breathing through a paper mask avoiding contact with others, and not to eat and drink where you can rather than where you would like in an unsociable environment. And then come back in another tin can couped up with another load of strangers before being confined to barracks for a fortnight to see if you develop the lurgy or not as a lasting memory of the holiday - nah, forget that.
Have you been watching Monty Python?

Simon