Malcs Rolfs Knock Up May 12th 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammy1

'The Minx'
Malcs Rolfs Knock-Up Special
Saturday 12th May 2007

Yesterday saw anglers from all over going from Wales, York, Birmingham, London and other places going to the popular venue in Oxford which is Rolfs Lake. Slight change of draw times, so we fished 1pm till 6pm in wet conditions.[xx(]

I was unsure of how the day would go as I new rain was forecasted for pretty much all day and Im not one for sitting in the rain. I thought I would stick it for a bit but be back in the car, I proved myself and others wrong!! Yesterday was an absolutely brilliant day for me. [:D]

I drew peg 28 on the car park bank so at least I didnt have far to walk! A nice looking peg with bushes either side of me. Paul Roberts next to me (AKA Turkish Boy/Mr Buckethead) and decided to have a Pound side bet. Plenty of banter and Paul even helped me get out of the bush when I got caught in it, cheers Paul! [;)]

I didnt fancy fishing far out so I set up where I was comfortable, 6meters straight in front and 2 margin swims at each bush.

At 6metres I was using red hydro to .21 powerline with a Milk Wilkinson Float. And a size 10 animal hook. It was going to be mainly a paste rig, which didnt happen for very long!

I started at 6metres with a handful of Rolfs feed pellet using paste as hook bait. It gave me plenty of bites and a 8oz carp. So after an hour or so I decided enough is enough and changed to meat which I was able to hit the bites and much bigger fish. [:)]

I tried the margins a few times, by this time- nothing major was happening so I stayed with the 6meter line.

Out of the margins I concentrated more so on my left hand swim, which through out the day when the 6metres line slowed down id pop in the margins to see if anything was lurking. The left bush gave me a weigher and a few silvers. [}:)]

The left bush I was using red hydro .21 powerline size 12 animal hook and a Mick Wilkinson float.

The rain was on and off all day with sunny intervals. But despite that I was still enjoying it in the rain. Really chuffed with the waterproofs, kept me nice and warm/dry despite looking silly!

I tried some GOT Baits 6/11mm hook bait and had bites but kept on meat as it was more productive for me, although it wasnt for others.

I had 6 weighers for 60lb 8oz, although I did weigh a 5lb carp just to get a rough estimate of what I had in my net (similar sizes). Plus I love getting off my box to weigh a fish hehe. [}:)]

Through-out the day I used about half a bag of feed pellet (Rolfs newer pellets), a lot less than some used but at the end of the day I still caught fish. Who knows if I used more I might of caught more but I was happy enough with my result! [;)]

I go fishing to enjoy myself and I did yesterday! Came to the conclusion I need some muscles. How the hell do you guys straighten your arms to play a fish?!!! I really struggled with my 14lb carp (new PB for me) and the other fish.

I dont expect to come anywhere in matches, just to have fun. My main goal in fishing is to add a few more names to the Minxed club and a pound side bet. Both achieved yesterday! Seeing as Dave A didnt fish, it was time to whoop someone else for a change, so I had a Pound with Paul Roberts next door to me, all the rest buggered off to there pegs!! [:0]

At the weigh in I had Dad, Keith A, and a few others which hadnt weighed in worried!! I thought I wasnt far off about 80lb but wasnt sure which way it would go. Keith having 88lb 4oz and Dad 2lb less I was really hoping to whoop them!! [:)]

I was one of the last to weigh and had a total of 73lb 8oz. I couldnt stop grinning, my 2nd best match weight. Paul kindly gave me my pound coin and I picked up money as well as I was 2nd in my section! [:D]

Great day and nice to see you all, great bunch of guys.

No pictures this time as it was simply too wet!! [xx(]

Know you all want to see the full result so here goes...

1st..Peg 9..... Matt Nutt.. 163lb 12oz
2nd. Peg 15.... Mark Causer.. 99lb 8oz
3rd. Peg 19.... Nick Williams.94lb 8oz
4th. Peg 7..... Brian Bevan... 92lb 12oz
5th. Peg 34.... Keith Ashby... 88lb 4oz
6th. Peg 10.... Martin Bucknall. 88lb 1oz
7th. Peg 26.... Clive Pritchard... 86lb 4oz
8th. Peg 1..... Malc Doyle. 86lb 1oz
9th. Peg 40.... John Hopkins.. 78lb 6oz
10th Peg 28.... Gemma Doyle.. 73lb 8oz
11th Peg 20.... Roy Ravenhill 62lb 4oz
12th Peg 36.... Andrew Bucknall.60lb 14oz
13th Peg 6..... Keith Fellows. 55lb 2oz
14th Peg 13.... Steve Wilson.. 48lb 4oz
15th Peg 22.... Nick-Watkins-Price 45lb 4oz
16th Peg 21.... Dai Thomas. 36lb 4oz
17th Peg 14.... Simon Rowley. 30lb 4oz
18th Peg 23.... Dave Moore. 27lb 12oz
19th Peg 27.... Paul Roberts 20lb 8oz
20th Peg 30.... Chris Barber 17lb 2oz
21st Peg 4..... Paul Dolby.. 11lb 13oz
22nd...Peg 2.... Dan Thomas. 3lb 8oz
Peg38..... Rob Hollidge.. DNW
Peg 32.... Dirk Williams. DNW
Peg 37.... Geoff Eggison DNW

A Section
1st Matt Nutt
2nd Brian Bevan
3rd Malc Doyle
4th Keith Fellows
5th Paul Dolby

Section Weight.. 413lb

B Section
1st.. Mark Causer
2nd. Nick Williams
3rd. Martin Bucknall
4th. Roy Ravenhill
5th.. Steve Wilson
6th.. Simon Rowley

Section Weight 423lb 13oz

C Section
1st.. Clive Pritchard
2nd. Gemma Doyle
3rd.. Nick Watkins Price
4th.. Dai Thomas
5th.. Dave Moore
6th.. Paul Roberts

Section Weight. 306lb 10oz

D Section
1st Keith Ashby
2nd .. John Hopkins
3rd Andrew Bucknall
DNW .. Dirk Williams
DNW Geoff Eggison
DNW Rob Hollidge

Section Weight.. 227lb 8oz

[:D] Total Weight of the Match was.. 1370lb 15oz [:D]

Well Done to everyone [:)] See you all soon

Last edited:

dirk

Site Supporter
Cracking report Gemma, lot better than the old mans ones [:p][:D]

Thanks Malc for organising it, always enjoyable at rolfs [^]

Roll on the Jinx and a good peg [:D]

me

Originally posted by dirk

a good peg [:D]
why you'll only waste it.

Ive got to agree on 2 things tho, 1st brilliant report Gem and 2nd thanks Malc for organising yet another terrific match with all the usual banter and hic cups [:I][:D].

Well as usual everyone were in the car park, nets washed, pellets sorted and the banter flowing with a certain person missing thinking.gif . No it aint that hard to work out who was missing for the 11 O'Clock draw, yes Malc was no were to be seen [;)][:D] ( Late again [:p]). There again we would only worry if he got there before us [:D].

As for Paul no wounder he made a Sharpe exit after getting added to the minxed club, getting battered from the pegs either side of him and even getting beaten by the person opposite him (ME[:I][:p][:D]), loosing a quid and getting a rollocking off his matron for being late home because the match started late [:p][:D][:D][:D].

paul d

[:D][:D][:D]rolfs[:D][:D][:D]
brilliant report and great to see all the old faces from the jinx series again. well done gemma.[8]

Jammy1

'The Minx'
Thanks [:)]

Just edited the post as i forgot to put peg numbers in [:I]

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just read Rolf's version of events. [:D]
Mr Roberts gets totally slaughtered.[:p][:D]

Well done Gem.[;)]

Jammy1

'The Minx'
Lol!

Looks like Roys put on some weight! [:0][:0][:0][:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]

Todays match done great didnt it! Crikey 260lb+ out of Simons peg to win [:p][:p] hehe.

me

Originally posted by Jammy1

Todays match done great didnt it! Crikey 260lb+ out of Simons peg to win [:p][:p] hehe.

Rolf's carp are a bit slow on the up take, it took them 24 hours to realise were id put the bait down [:p][:D][:D][:D]

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Clive!!!!!!!!!!
beaten by peg 10 [:p][:D]

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Christ Royst has put on weight though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neo-1

Nick Neo Williams
Brilliant day out despite the weather and some reasonable weights in the conditions, with Matt as ever well ahead of the rest of us. Well done Matt.

Thanks Malc for the invite and organising the match looking forward to next time and the Jinx series starting on Rolfs in two weeks.

Well done Gem, another fine performance and some new scalps and members for the Minx club.[:)]

Malc - you will be joining this club, its only a matter of time my friend. [:D]

But is'nt Royst looking rough, he must have been at the pies again. [:p]

Paul Roberts

The Turk
Gemma - 'well done' on giving me a good thrashing [;)] (perhaps it was that 'sexy' green mac you had on that kept me distracted!! [:0] At one stage, I thought to myself "at least I've got the biggest fish and then she went and landed a 14lb'er (mine was 13lb) ... so I just plodded on and got even wetter [V]. We had a good laugh though and, that 1.00 coin, is purely 'on loan' until next match [:p]

Myself and Geoff had to get back, to our 'other halfs' (I was supposed to be baby-sitting [:I]) and I didn't fancy the pee-take ... but I picked up some winnings on the Sunday, so It wasn't all that bad! [:D]

(Don't know what it is about Rolf's but I just can't 'suss' it out ... [V][:(])

SI - I had 17lb in my net plus 2 weighers for 37lb [:D][8D][:D] which was more than you!!! [:p]

Anyway, Gem .... until next we meet ... I want my quid back!! [^]

me

Originally posted by Paul Roberts

[bSI - I had 17lb in my net plus 2 weighers for 37lb [:D][8D][:D] which was more than you!!! [:p]

Paul thinking.gif thinking.gif thinking.gif thats not what the results say
17th Peg 14.... Simon Rowley. 30lb 4oz
18th Peg 23.... Dave Moore. 27lb 12oz
19th Peg 27.... Paul Roberts 20lb 8oz

At least i caught a perch for you caught on corn [:p]. Roll on the jinx round 1 at Rolf's and see how we fair [;)][:D]

monkey

Mines a pint
Great post Gemma.

Apart from the rain it was a good day and I enjoyed it...sort of.

If I had sorted my presentation out at the start I think I would have been in the top 10 (lol)

I can't wait till the first Jinx match.

matt

Site Supporter
Paul Roberts Posted - Today : 3:04:41 PM

... but I picked up some winnings on the Sunday, so It wasn't all that bad!

I didn't know you played bingo on sundays [:p][:p][:p][:p]

Paul Roberts

The Turk
Cheeky Git!! [:0]

I managed a creditable 3rd, at a local fishery, with 31lb despite not having a bite for the first 2 hours ... but the worst thing was the constant rain [:(]

I promise I'll have my 'mind' sorted in time for the first Jinx ... as I want my 1.00 back!! [B)]

Mark - ... so close to a 'ton', as your my partner this year, please do better next time (you've got to carry me this season !! [:D][:)]) Well done anyway ! [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.