Malc Doyles Fishless Fun Summer Series 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Moore

Paste King
To All

OK, OK, I know we have just finished the 2002 series, and Malc hasn't had time to catch his breath ( or fish for that matter ), especially with the impending new arrival( hope all goes well on that front Malc )...

I thought I would throw my cap into the ring as a starter for 10, I know you said 4 venues but I've thrown in 5 as an opening gambit

Makins, somewhere like Crater on phase 2 thats about 20 pegs or even 1 side of Lake 2 on Phase 1 ( A or B section ) again only about 25 pegs...

Border, we could try and get Gibbos pool and run it as a Silver only, carp only count as 4ozs, again its only a small pool and I don't know whether Mick would allow it as it is not a normal Match lake, but he has used it for corporate events...

Drayton, I have only fished it the once on the 2002 series but I don't think I have ever fished anywhere quite like it, I need to have another go at the animals...

Holly Farm, again I enjoyed the venue, well looked after...

Rolfs, you lot have been banging on about it all this year I need to have a look and see what all the fuss is about...

I have enjoyed all the venues in the 2002 series, however I will not be rushing back to Cudmore, they made us about as welcome as a fart in an astro-naught suit...

Anyway I have started the ball rolling, add to it, bash it about, if we manage to make next years half as good as this years we won't be far wrong...

DaveM

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Dave.

The coke heads will be back defending the series next year and cannot wait for it to start.

The venues you have chosen are fine by us but just a thought as you have opened it up.Why not regionalise it by saying the Yorkies choose a venue,The oxford boys choose one,rugby lads etc.This means at least one match is in your area.

Do not forget after the success of this year others lurking on the threads may want to join in the craic.

Lets see what develops overe the next few weeks and whatever Malc decides i am happy with after all the fishing is second to meeting up again.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

MALC

Dave,Keith and every body else,

Good idea in reginal matches.

Depending on response i'll book 15 or 20 pegs for next year.

It will run via 5 peg sections and on a points basis with 1 point for section win down to 5 points for last in section and DNF or DNW, with lowest points being the winner rather than on weight as this year, (should keep it tighter to the finish)

Dependent on how many matches as to how many results to count.

No problem with getting the ball rolling straight away here's a few things to throw around.

How many matches does everybody want next year 4,5 or 6 icon_smile_question.gif

Suggested waters icon_smile_question.gif

What times do people want to fish, earlier (am) or as this year ( 2pm till 7pm ) icon_smile_question.gif

Still fish on Saturdays (easier to book and less likely to clash) icon_smile_question.gif

Run matches June,July,August,September again (dependent on how many matches)icon_smile_question.gifWho else is interested in fishing (e-mail me or post on here)icon_smile_question.gifTo any body that did not fish this years series but have followed the post's you will already know what to expect (laugh's and good company and the odd fish if your lucky) icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

So as i say post here or drop me an e-mail so i can get an idea of numbers.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Edited by - MALC on 11 September 2002 01:44:06 AM

MALC

Here are some suggestions for venue's i've received see what you all think and add to the list and make any comments. icon_smile_big.gif

1...Holly Farm (Gills Lake) Leicestershire fish average 12oz to 1lb match weights between 20 and 40lb.

2...Border Fisheries nr Crewe (mixed).

3...Drayton Reservoir Northamptonshire (we all know whats in here).

4...Stockton Reservoir Warwickshire.

5...Boddington Reservoir Oxfordshire.

6...Makins Warwickshire.

7...Earlswood nr Birmingham (Yacht Lake) Bream and Roach (Engine Lake) Carp best match weight 400lb+.

8...Tunnel Barn Farm nr Birmingham.

9...Fina Hayfield nr Doncaster.

10..Woodlands Lakes Thirsk Yorkshire.

11..Woodlands View Worcestershire.

12..Moorlands Farm Worcestershire.

13..Browning Tingrith Bedfordshire.

14..GoldValley nr Aldershot Surry

NOT CUDMORE dont think any one wants to go back there !!

Malc

scott essery

'Silver man'
Keith

I must admit i do like your idea of having a variety of venues (everyone has a local) and as Dave suggested one or two new ones will be interesting.

To keep the ball rolling i'll give my 10p's worth:-

How many matches does everybody want next year 4,5 or 6

I'll be greedy Malc and say 6. but i do realise the practicality of 4 and thinking of you (and not wanting yu to be out of pocket again) 5 should be max!

Suggested waters

I think we should strive to be all rounders (i know what your thinking, im leeding up to a silver fish race at one match) so one venue should be mostly tip fishing, one big carp, one smaller carp and maybe, a silver fish venue!! icon_smile_big.gif It adds variety and stops you going stale. Dont take this the wrong way please Malc, but 3 reservouirs was maybe 1 too many (but thats only cos i did rubbish!)

My 5 (or 6 if i can be greedy) would be:-

1...Holly Farm (Gills Lake) Leicestershire fish average 12oz to 1lb match weights between 20 and 40lb.

2...Border Fisheries nr Crewe (mixed).

3...Drayton Reservoir Northamptonshire (can we please have the boards).

6...Makins Warwickshire.

12..Moorlands Farm Worcestershire.

and/or 13..Browning Tingrith Bedfordshire

What times do people want to fish, earlier (am) or as this year ( 2pm till 7pm )

I really do like the 2pm - 7pm time frame (means i dont have to get up too early)

Still fish on Saturdays (easier to book and less likely to clash)

Saturdays are best for me

Run matches June,July,August,September again (dependent on how many matches)

Carp were a pain this year but July, Aug and Sep with 1 every 2 weeks?

then if we can do some 'get together' days out throught the year that would be good too.

anyway, just a thought

matt

Site Supporter
malc, if you're running a bagging series next year and there's a spare space available, you can count me inicon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

MALC

Matt,

Not a problem regards next years series the more the merrier soon as i sort all the details out i'll post them (proberly some time around November).

Malc

matt

Site Supporter
thanks mate, hopefully i'll be meeting u all next summericon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

kev coke

ok time to chuck my surjestions in i would like to see 5 matches next year on the following venues
1 HAYFEILD LAKES (doncaster)
2 WOODLAND VEIW
3 MAKINS
4 ROLFS LAKE
5 DRAYTON
I think the times of this year were fine and would like to see the same next year
it would be nice to have one a month MAY,JUNE,JULY,AUGUST and SEPTEMBER this way we can have time between each match to have a practice on the venue and maybe a few of us meet up and have a little knock up
As for the silver fish match i think each match should have its own silver match built the way this would work is that in each match the silver fish are weighted first and a record of the weight made the other fish fish are then weighted and the combined weight is the weight for the match then at the end of the series all your silver weights are added up and the person with the highest weight should get a prize at the end of the series.
As malc has hinted next year it would be nice to see it run on points rather than weight in 5 peg sections but this time all results to count and no dropped result as with the sections only being 5 pegs it no hardship to carry a 5th as i think most people will have a 4th or 5th .
But these are just my thoughts lads any of you got any opionions on this.
kev

churt

23/06/02 - 25/02/04
In Memoriam
Sounds good to me Kev! Do you really give up fishing for F**tball? Playing, or watching? Are you at Rolf's on Saturday??

churt

Polepot

Poles
Kev's list looks good to me, but I do think that Holly Farm warrants a thought, after all Kev that saw you through to victory.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

MALC

Glad you started this Dave [;)]

Good suggestions from all,

Like the idea ref the silver's Kev that way it would keep [;)] Scott happy and at least if any waters were to suffer the normal "JINX" then it would still leave an option of going for silvers (more paperwork) LOL

Any more suggestions or comments from anyone [?] [?]

Malc

Last edited:

scoobs11

if your talking 4 or 5 matches once a month then i'm interested especially if thirsk is gonna figure since thats probably the nearest to me at only about 80 odd miles away

i'll have a fiver on the brown one

kev coke

Churt i do give up fishing in the winter months to play football cuz as i only fish commercial water and in the winter every body knows that commercials are very very peggy in the winter i stop fishing until about march when the fish start to move about a bit more.
I will be at rolfs on saturday mate but dont forget that the draw is now half 12 not 1 oclock see you there this might be my last match on there until next year as i am off to whiteacres next weekend for 3 weeks chasing the big money in the festivals and then its football when i get back but i might be there end of october for one more match .
Polepot i agree holly farm did deserve a look but with only picking 5 venues some will not make the final 5 the first 3 venues that i picked are not totally carp dominated they have an excellent head of silver fish in them i fished a match at woodlands not so long ago and 87 pound and 50 pound of it was silver fish at hayfield i finished 2nd in a match and the bloke that beat me had 70 pound of silver fish all caught on the floating pole and everybody knows what makins is like you dont know what you are going to catch next there.
I picked the last 2 venues as out and out carp baggin venues which i think that they are on both venues people catch 100 pound for fun (until malc and his curse turn up).

Paul Roberts

The Turk
Malc - you can count me in for the Summer Series. I like the idea of fishing Saturdays (that's my day for d******ing and pottering about - "sorry love, can't paint the fence gotta go and catch some fish". As soon as you've got everything organised I'll see if I can get one or two of the Lime Tree lot to go as well.

Any news on "Little Dirk" ??????

See you soon

Paul

dirk

Site Supporter
Paul,
Little Dirk has arrived, I'm so proud!
some people call their chidren after their favourite football team for e.g. Chelsea but Malc has called his after his idol?
Malc is doing well, he is going to have to have a few days fishing to get over it, he seems to have got his figure back already.
Three children you wouldn't guess just by looking at him.
Are you going to do a report on your weeks hoilday Paul?

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Well you have all had time to think about venues,how many matches and the likes.We are missing it already and so i think are the people who fished it.Kev,Vic and myself are booked into Rolfs on the 19th and anyone interested should book in soon.The pegs will go quickly.
Malc,
We dont care about the venues just tell us where and when.The curse has to be broken.We are happy to leave it to you to decide after all the organiser always get the blame from someone no matter how good/bad it fished.

Keith

leemays

hi everybody, im new 2 the site, some of u might know me from malcs 2002 summer leauge it's lee. it's took me months to find out how to become a member as ive not known where to click. When this new 2003 leauge starts im 100% positive about giving it a proper go. Considering i was a bit scared of what i was going upagainst, but that 2nd place at CUDMOORE give me a confidence booster, but all i can say 2 that is it was just the peg i was on at the end of the day.[:D][:D][:D] my ideas then 4 next year are as follows:-
Still 2 be on a saturday cause then i still get all my othere sunday matches in (i need the practice)i thought the 2-7 time span was brilliant. ( i even thought it was that good i mentioned it to my club chairman but he said no cause our club is run around just 1 man and woman.) i think 5 matches & i would have to go along with dave 4 haveing 1 a month May, June, July, August and september. And the matches i think would be good, or some in which i would like to try 4 that matter would be

MATCH 1....MAY:- EARLSWOOD (ENGINE, I MIGHT BEABLE TO BEAT THAT 414LB
MATCH 2....JUNE:- MAKINS ON PHASE 2, (SNAKE, CRATER OR PADDOCK)
MATCH 3....JULY:- HOLLY FARM (GILLS)
MATCH 4....AUGUST:- ROLF'S IF POSSIBLE, EVERY1 TALKS ABOUT HOW GOOD IT IS
BUT IF NOT 1 OF TUNNEL BARN FARMS
MATCH 5....SEPTEMBER:- DRAYTON.

So that's all my ideas thrown in and i shall c u all soon and perhaps some of u at scott's izzak walton match.
cya

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Where has Malcs reply gone.It was dated the 7th Oct in the early hours.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.