Malc Doyle Summer Series 5th Match 31/08/02

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Date : 31/08/02
Venue: Stockton Reservoir
Time : 2pm till 7pm

Today saw the 5th and Penultimate Round of THE MALC DOYLE BAGGUP CHARITY SERIES sponsored by SILLYBAIT to raise funds for THE BDAA.

For those that have been following the series you will know that each match so far has had it's moments (mostly for the wrong reasons).icon_smile_sad.gificon_smile_big.gif A BRIEF RECAP OF SOME OF THOSE MOMENTS icon_smile_big.gif

On the first match at Drayton we had Churt & Kev both suffer with Pole breakages and we had dry nets as well icon_smile_shock.gif (great start to the series)icon_smile_dissapprove.gif.

Then we visited Cudmore in Stoke which suffered more mishap's and some fun moments as well.
Starting off with burst radiator hose (me), double mileage for luckless Nick (polepot),Dave with a flat battery, followed by the fishery not getting the payment in the post (thats sorted now though) and for a finishing touch Churts pole episode which ended with the following picture.
And a couple of dry nets as well icon_smile_sad.gif Datafile.jpg

Next in line for the Malc Curse (as it's now known) was Clattercote and surprisingly not many mishaps were noted but still we managed to have a few dry nets. icon_smile_sad.gifCome on FISH it's ment to be a BAGGUP Series

Well the next fishery was Moorlands Farm and yes things went wrong (it would be dull if all went right) icon_smile_wink.gif
We had Churt getting lost and then turning up with a new hair style to match his Brownning Fishing outfit as below.

Datafile.jpg
Had to do it Churt,icon_smile_wink.gif

Then we had Scott stuck on the M6 in traffic and arriving late and poor Nick doing his leg in and spending a few nights in hospital afterwards (and he's still on crutches now).
But surprise surprise we had NO DRY NETS and Scott won on the day.

Well all those are behind us and now on to todays match.

Could we break the Malc Curse and have a match with no mishaps and plenty of fish icon_smile_question.gificon_smile_question.gificon_smile_question.gificon_smile_question.gificon_smile_question.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif

NO WAY

Today started with me getting home from work at 6am and by 7am the Girls, the Wife and me were in Coventry Hospital.

When i got in Julie had severe pains in her stomach and as Junior Doyle no3 is due in 5 weeks a speedy drive up the M6 saw us sat at the Hospital with Julie and the baby being monitored.
Well they could not make up their minds weather to induce her or not so i spent the day up the Hospital and did not fish.

At 5 pm they made up their minds that they would keep her in till Monday and keep an eye on her and see what happens (she's okay'ish though).

So i missed the match but on the way home i called in for the last hr and managed to get a couple of pictures and here they are.

Dave gets 1 in the net
Datafile.jpg

Kev (foreground) & Jimmy (background) both waiting
Datafile.jpg

Vic pans a carp as Churt looks on
Datafile.jpg

Whilst i was there i found out about a couple of the mishaps that also fell on Scott today.
First he broke 1 of his top kits (well Churt stood on it)icon_smile_shock.gif then as he was packing away he knocked a top kit in the water and as he lunged for it he managed to snap his number 3 section (not your best day Scott)

THE RAFFLE TODAY RAISED 24 WHICH SO FAR MAKES A TOTAL OF 104

Right enough waffle (time to wake up) here are the results of todays match (cheers Steve for running it for me) thumbsup.gif
1st...Steve...33lb 10oz
2nd...Vic.....28lb 6oz
3rd...Kev.....25lb 8oz
4th...Paul....17lb 13oz
5th...Peter...16lb 8oz..(guest)
6th...Dave....12lb 14oz
7th...Nick.....8lb
8th...Tim......6lb 12oz
9th...Ant......6lb 1oz..(guest)
10th..Scott....6lb
11th..Jimmy....3lb 10oz
12th..Churt....3lb 3oz
13th..Keith....3lb

NOW THE NEW WEIGHT TABLES

The table below shows the total gross weights and position BEFORE todays match.

Keith...128lb 7oz
Kev.....101lb 7oz
Steve....82lb 15oz
Vic......80lb 7oz
Malc.....78lb 10oz
Paul.....78lb 7oz
Churt....75lb 3oz
Dave.....65lb 14oz
Andy.....35lb 1oz
Scott....26lb 4oz
Nick.....11lb 15oz
Jimmy.....8lb 3oz
Tim.......4lb

Now the series gross weights and positions after todays match (before any deductions)

Keith....131lb 7oz
Kev......126lb 15oz
Steve....116lb 9oz
Vic......108lb 13oz
Paul......96lb 4oz
Dave......78lb 12oz
Malc......78lb 10oz
Churt.....78lb 6oz
Andy......35lb 1oz
Scott.....32lb 4oz
Nick......19lb 15oz
Jimmy.....11lb 13oz
Tim.......10lb 12oz

Now the series nett weights and positions with the worst weights deducted including todays weights

Keith...128lb 7oz
Kev.....107lb 15oz
Vic.....105lb 11oz
Steve....98lb 3oz
Paul.....88lb 8oz
Malc.....78lb 10oz
Dave.....76lb 12oz
Churt....75lb 3oz
Andy.....35lb 1oz
Scott....32lb 4oz
Nick.....19lb 15oz
Tim......10lb 12oz

Well as you can see going into the final round things are tight with only 1 good weight (53lb) between Keith in 1st and Churt in 8th.

And with the final round being next Saturday 7th September on Trotters Pool at Holly Farm which only a few weeks ago produced a new match record of just over 170lb it's still there for the taking.

Here's hopeing that we can finish the series with a BIG BAGGUP for every one.

But regardless of the way the matches have gone i must admit that i've enjoyed each match and it's been great to fish with you all.

And we ain't done to bad on the money front for THE BRITISH DISABLED ANGLING ASSOCIATION.

Cheers lads one and all thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
You all deserve a pat on the back (if only for reading these reports).

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Polepot

Poles
Malc,

Having mentioned me leg in your post, I must thank Keith for his help in getting my gear to my peg as pushing a trolly ang carrying bags is a little difficult on Crutches.

Thanks for the post and again a great daY, can we look forward to another good day (bagging up?)at Holly Farm and please can I have a good day there.

cya there on Saturday,

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

Edited by - Polepot on 01 September 2002 08:24:44 AM

Edited by - Polepot on 01 September 2002 08:27:09 AM

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
MALC

LOL Great stuff mate, keep it coming and well done on organising this seies.
Best swim in and curse feature I've ever read lol.

Where did it come from?

I seem to remember you carrying the logo
'Zippy curse club member No 1' for a long while!

HHHhmmmmmm!

Please give my best wishes to your good lady and I hope (No I'm SURE) everything will be OK.

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Enough! I'm off!

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Malc,

I blame the wife for tiring me out in Paris the week before the match for my poor performance but will be back for Holly Farm.Hope everything goes alright with Doyle jr no3 and your wife over the next few weeks.

Nick,

Not a problem mate if still required next week I will help again after all thats what its all about.Why should an injury stop you fishing.

All,

A good series and good friends lets make it a series to remember at thte final venue by all bagging up.Good luck to everyone fishing and whoever the winner is congratulations it has been well earned.

See you all on Saturday.

Keith.

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

churt

23/06/02 - 25/02/04
In Memoriam
Cheers Malc, for another well run and fish filled match!!! Nick the magazine with Trotters pool is match Fishing July 2002 page 114. I'd rather call you Nick, Polepot sounds too much like a Dictator from days gone by!!!! Scott, sorry about your top kit, but as my old boss used to say "GOD PAYS DEBTS" I broke a number 5 at Rolf's today at least 140. And neither Ant or me picked up!! Must work harder!! See you all on Saturday at Trotters, (I'm setting off on Wednesday!!) Malc I hope your baby arrives this week then you can fish Trotters for the last one..

churt

scott essery

'Silver man'
Malc

I know your going to say "dont be daft" but id just like to thank you for all the hard work, dedication and selfless effort you've put into this summer "bag up" series.

Fair enough, you can be sued under the trades description act for calling it a "bag up" match.

its cost me about 50 per carp and if it wasnt for moorlands i recon id have my own quiet white padded room.

The amount of injurys, breakdowns, stress, anxiety, navigational misshapes and sheer JINX attached to the who series has made it a summer to remember for everyone!!!

But most of all (and I think I speak for a lot of us) Ive never enjoyed my fishing so much, had so much fun or looked forward to a Saturday as much as i have of late.

I recon this is down to something id overlooked in fishing.... the mates you make and the laughs you have!!! Its been great meeting you all and not only learning a hell of a lot but also having a great crack in the process.

I hope we can find a way of keeping the "dirty dozen" fishing together now and again even if it means meeting up sometime at Rolfs (churt, youve never once shut up about the fekin place, "cudmores rubbish... Rolfs is much fecking better" "Rolfs a lot better than Stockon chap" bla bla bla )icon_smile_big.gif

And while im on the subject of the guy who looks like an extra from the Browning trade stand at the NEC .... no worries about my top kit ... didnt need it on the day anyway! Its a bugger you snapped your No 5 section though ouch. Its about time you bagged up of Saturday mate.

In fact I hope we all catch a few.... especially Nick!!!

so Trotts has produced 170lbs recently Malc.... you trying to get our hopes up again chap!!! icon_smile_wink.gif

jimbo

Thanx again Malc, for organising the bag up series and secondly making me famous. I can tell my mam and dad my pictures on the net even if it isnt for catching a fish :eek:).

Good luck with the bairn, what you gonna call it, ROMEO is gonna be hard to beat.

See yu all Sat

Jimmy

MALC

Cheers everyone for the words and for the concern for Julie plus 1.

They have now sent her home to stay in bed with the wording if anything happens rush her back in !!!!

I'll post a report regards Holly on Tuesday night (wife permitting) after i've been over there with the Rugby Disabled lads.

Jimmy Here's a closer one for your mum

Malc

jimbo

Cheers Malc, i liked the one where yu couldnt see me properly better. Am i really that ugly??? No comments please.

MALC

Just bringing this back up to the top so every one can see what they need to do on Saturday in the Final Round at Holly Farm.

Come on lads we got to knock the Milton Keynes Catmeat Coke Heads off the top spots icon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_wink.gif

Fingers crossed see you all Saturday.

Malc

Dave Moore

Paste King
Malc

Is there a spare peg on Saturday for an extra Guest...

If there is then Dave LLoyd will be joining us, didnt you fish for me under that name at Makins...must be coincidence...

See you all Saturday...

DaveM

churt

23/06/02 - 25/02/04
In Memoriam
Scott, you have spelt ****ING wrong!! I'd rather look like an extra from a Browning Trade Stand than a SCARECROW'S APPRENTICE!! TIWAPOS

churt

churt

23/06/02 - 25/02/04
In Memoriam
I spelt it right!! Someone replaced the F. U . C . K . with asterisks!!!

churt

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Lol Churt,

The forum code replaces certain words automatically to prevent problems icon_smile.gif

Regards, Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.