Malc Doyle Summer Series 3rd Match 27/07/02

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Date : 27/07/02
Venue : Clattercote Reservior
Time : 2pm till 7pm

This was the 3rd Match in the Series sponsored by SillyBait to raise money for The BDAA and we were at Clattercote Reservior nr Banbury, which is another British Water Ways venue.
We managed to get a few guests today which made it up to 17 fishing.

Before this match Keith Ashby had a 35lb lead over second placed Kevin Arathoon who was only 6oz in front of third place Paul Dolby then its the rest of us chaseing.

Full Match Result

1st...Stuart Mile's.............71lb 10oz...Guest
2nd...Colin Grant..............53lb 4oz.....Guest
3rd...Peter Churton...........47lb 6oz
4th...Colin Clarke..............43lb 14oz....Guest
5th...Vic Nugent...............22lb 11oz
6th...Steve Wilson............21lb 8oz
7th...Kevin Arathoon.........19lb
8th...Keith Ashby..............18lb 9oz
9th...Malc Doyle................13lb 4oz
10th..Paul Dolby.................9lb 3oz
11th..Jimmy Leedham..........8lb 3oz
12th..Tim Westmoreland.......4lb
13th..Dave Moore................2lb 12oz
14th..Scott Essery.....................9oz

3 guests did not weigh in.

Total weight put on the scales by 14 anglers was 335lb 13oz.

The following are a few pictures of the day.

Guest and match winner Stuart Miles about to net a Carp
Datafile.jpg

Kevin Arathoon with 1 of his 3 Carp for 19lb
Datafile.jpg

Keith with a 9lb+ Carp
Datafile.jpg

Biggest Carp on the day was the 16lb 8oz Mirror caught by guest Colin Clark pictured below
Datafile.jpg

Now the bit that all series members are waiting for the new weight table after this match.
Previous positions are on the end in brackets.

1st..Keith Ashby......114lb 1oz..(1)
2nd..Kev Arathoon.....80lb 14oz.(2)
3rd..Paul Dolby.........70lb 11oz.(3)
4th..Steve Wilson......64lb 8oz..(6)
5th..Malc Doyle.........62lb 13oz.(4)
6th..Vic Nugent.........61lb 15oz.(7)
7th..Peter Churton.....61lb 8oz..(8)
8th..Dave Moore........47lb 4oz..(5)
9th..Andy Stevens.......9lb 8oz..(9)
10th.Jimmy Leedham.....8lb 3oz..(up)
11th.Tim Westmoreland..4lb......(up)
12th.Nick Jones............1lb 2oz..(10)
13th.Scott Essery..............9oz..(up)

As you can see by the running results above there is no change in the top 3 but then the rest of us are chasing hard.

Keith is still leading the Individual biggest Weight Competition with his first match weight of 61lb 8oz.

If we were doing a man of the match award it would have to go to

band.gif band.gif WAIT FOR IT band.gif band.gif Scott who has had the misfortune of Dry netting in the previous 2 matches but he was determind to catch in this match, and catch he did as the picture below shows he managed to put 15 fish in his net

Datafile.jpg
(shame they were only small roach) but at least now you've broken your duck Scott and the only way now is upwards.

The Raffle Raised 30 today.

Next match is on the 10th August (2 weeks) on Moors Pool at Moorlands Farm.
Draw is at 1pm in the Cafe.

Sorry this report is late but the nice people at NTL have been kicking me offline after less than 5 minutes since i got in yesterday and seeing as this has taken nearly 2 hours to do they aint helped much.

See you all in 2 weeks.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Edited by - MALC on 28 July 2002 5:50:04 PM

churt

23/06/02 - 25/02/04
In Memoriam
Cheers Malc, for another well run match. And also another bag of Sillypellets in the raffle!!!! (they're too expensive to buy!!!!)Also the venue was close enough to home to make the Offy!!

churt

scott essery

'Silver man'
Cheers Steve

Well I was DETERMINED to catch on saturday and even though i look less than well impressed, my plan of half a joker worked!!! icon_smile.gif

Im not sure if Dave and Kev were impressed at my bleak bagging impression of Tommy Pickering or just lost for words!!! icon_smile.gif

As you guys say, its a start and Ive got a bit of catching up to do now, but now ive got my eye in lets catch somemore!!!icon_smile_big.gif

Churt, good match mate. Your suposed to be after the tubby golden brown uns not the slimy green uns.

Malc. Great match mate and Im looking forward to moorlands. I'll bring my squats again.... just in case icon_smile_tongue.gif

Thoroughly great day out again, creak 'crack' and im doing ok in the raffle (2 bottles of sherry in 2 trips) maybe i should just come for the raffel!!! icon_smile_approve.gif

See you guys in 2 weeks!!!!

jimbo

Just a quick note to say i enjoyed the match, was worth the drive about 400 miles round trip :eek:). Yu could call me a virgin to this type of fishing and those who fished around me will vouch for that. Lost to many fish down to not having the correct hooks for job(Any advice appreciated).

Cheers

MALC

TO MD'S JIMBO

Nice to meet you at last and hopefully in the remaining 3 matches yourself Tim and Dave can put a few more fish in the net to make the long drive home a bit more enjoyable.

Regards hook choice personaly i only use 2 types for all Carp work and they are either Mustard Method Feeder or Kamasan Animal hooks.
But a lot of people rave about the Preston PR range.

Malc

jimbo

Thanx Malc. I was using PR22's i would get them so far and then the hook would straighten. Never mind it was still a great learning curve, watchin my rod get pulled of the rest about every 20 minutes. I will be stocking up on those Method hooks, a couple of people have mentioned them now.

Cheers Jimmy

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Jimmy,
If you like the Preston hooks,have a look at the PR29's as these are the strongest in the range.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Jimbo,

Personally I prefer the pr27 for fishing corn or meat but that is a personal choice.The animal hooks are good and if i am really bagging(not very often) then the method feeder hooks.Be warned though the method hooks are very big for there size.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

Polepot

Poles
Well Guys seams like you had a Great day - Scott thanks for not catching me up. Do you realise we only have to Net 114 lbs at Moorlands and the others are due a Blank and we will be in the lead.

cya at Moorlands

Poles

RED BEWARE A LOYAL KRAFF Member will be there

Edited by - Polepot on 31 July 2002 10:35:41 AM

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Malc,

What a day,lovely weather,shame the fish did not materialise though.Keep up the good work Malc,Its still a pleasure to fish with you all even if there was a few strange faces on saturday.Was expecting to catch tench on the pole as there are hordes of them on this line but not a sniff.

Still just about holding a lead but with some cracking venues coming up it is still up for grabs if anyone makes a move.Will have to keep an eye on the chasing pack.

Nick.

Was that supposed to read member of dismember.

Steve

Disappointed you gave up red without a fight.

Keith.

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Just like to say well done Malc looks a cracking little series, i read all the reports and now with 3 matches fished its begining to get more interesting,
Once again well done to all involved,(only wish i lived a bit nearer).

All The Best.

teepee.

Dave Moore

Paste King
To All

You need good foundations for any structure, and the North Yorkshire contigent are holding you all up...

Great day again, shame a snotty bream spoilt my sun bathing, quite frustrating watching Kev, Churt and Steve all catching well hooking anyway...

Could'nt buy a bite, well thats fishing...

See you all at Moorlands...

PS Malc Tims on holiday for that one, dont worry he's lulling you all into a false sense of security, only to win it from the final two matches...

PPS The mileage to fish ratio is not looking to good...

DaveM

MALC

Poles,

Welcome back hope you had a good one.
quote: Scott thanks for not catching me up. Do you realise we only have to Net 114 lbs at Morlands and the others are due a Blank and we will be in the lead.
Stranger things have happened.
-----------------------------------------------------

Keith,

quote: Its still a pleasure to fish with you all even if there was a few strange faces on saturday.
Strangest face is normally mine.

Seriously though the guest's were asked so as to fill the pegs and save me losing to much more money on peg fee's and also to put a bit more money into the raffle.

quote: Was that supposed to read member of dismember.
RED wont like that Keith

Teepee,

Whats a few mile's icon_smile.gif (ask Dave he's been travelling from York)

Dave,

quote:You need good foundations for any structure, and the North Yorkshire contigent are holding you all up...
And a fine job your all making of it
quote: PPS The mileage to fish ratio is not looking to good...
Can only get better from now on as were away from the reservoires and the next one should be a good one (I HOPE)

Cheers to one and all for the support shown even if the fishing has not been the best the fun has more than made up for it.

Malc

scott essery

'Silver man'
Nick

Well i was damned if i was going to blank AGAIN!!!! But its my please not to have overtaken you in the league icon_smile.gif

As you say, 100lbs at Moorlands, Stockton and Holly farm should give Kev, Keith and Paul something to worry about icon_smile_wink.gif

Strange things often happen to me Malc but 114lbs and 14 dry nets??!! more like 15 silver eyes on a 16 B611 and 2 casters!! All those days on the T&M paid off!!

I must agree with eveything thats been said to congratulate and thank you for whats been a great summer series. Ok, the fishings been a little patchy but thats not your fault, the 'crak's ' been great, I made some great mates and met a load of top blokes.

Well done Malc!!! See you all at moorlands

icon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_approve.gificon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile.gif

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Malc,

I did not want it to sound as if I was knocking but it may have come across that way.As far as i am concerned more the merrier.I know you booked 20 pegs for all the venues and if they are not filled it causes you great personal expense.That is the last thing we want.

You are doing a sterling job,organising,arranging,posting info and still trying to get a few photos(which means walking the banks when you should really be fishing).Keep up the good work and i will see you at Moorlands.PS Andy is back for that one so if the guests are still available please encourage them to come along.

Keith

MALC

Keith,

Don't worry mate i never took it as a knock,
(after running matches for years i grew a thick skin, it's just the legs i need to grow a bit now)
i just thought i'd better let every body know why there were a few strangers fishing, seeing as they claimed 3 of the top 4 places on the day.

At the moment as far as i know we should have 5 maybe 6 guest's for Moorlands which should mean there will be 17 or 18 of us.

And hopefully we can all get a good days fishing in and catch you up at the top, and even
you off

And as a special note for
Churt
Moorlands have a lience and sale beer in the club house so you've no worry about missing your pint after the next match

Malc

kev coke

Just to say that the laugh that i have had in the matches has more than made up for the patchy fishing but one thing has puzzled me is how scott got that squatt on a size 10 method feeder hook and then gat a pair of eye balls to to swallow the afore mentioned big hook it impressed the hell out of me LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.