Malc Doyle Summer Series 2nd Match 6/07/02

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Date : 6/07/02
Venue: Browning Cudmore nr Stoke
Time : 2pm till 7pm

Saturday saw 13 of us descend on Browning Cudmore for the second of six matches in this series, which is sponsored by SillyBait to raise funds for The BDAA.

The overall winner of the series is to be decided on weight and going into this match Keith Ashby was out in front with 61lb 8oz which was 17lb 7oz in front of second placed Malc Doyle with 44lb 1oz and 24lb ahead of third placed Paul Dolby with 37lb 8oz.

And so on to this match which was fished on Little Tara pool at Browning Cudmore near Stoke.

RED came as well
Datafile.jpg

A few incidents occurred as is normal to make this a match to remember not least my car breaking down on the way and Cudmore loosing the prepaid deposit and that was before the start.

But i was hopefull that the fishing would make up for the above incidents.
But as with the first match at Drayton the fishing was not at it's best to say the least although a few managed to get some fish into the net.

The result from the top 3 was close as only 1 fish separated them as follows :

1st..Kev Arathoon...38lb
2nd..Keith Ashby....34lb
2nd..Lee Mays.......34lb..(guest)
4th..Steve Wilson...25lb 4oz
5th..Paul Dolby.....24lb
6th..Dave Moore.....9lb 11oz
7th..Andy Stevens...9lb 8oz
8th..Peter Churton..6lb 2oz
9th..Malc Doyle.....5lb 8oz
10th.Vic Nugent.....3lb 2oz
11th.Nick Jones.....1lb 2oz

Scott Essery & Tim Westmoreland..Did Not Weigh In.

Biggest fish on the day fell to Paul Dolby on Pole and Paste and weighed 10lb 8oz (pictured below)
Datafile.jpg

The Overall League Positions after this match are now as follows :

1st...Keith Ashby....95lb 8oz
2nd...Kev Arathoon...61lb 14oz
3rd...Paul Dolby.....61lb 8oz
4th...Malc Doyle.....49lb 9oz
5th...Dave Moore.....44lb 8oz
6th...Steve Wilson...43lb
7th...Vic Nugent.....39lb 4oz
8th...Peter Churton..14lb 2oz
9th...Andy Stevens....9lb 8oz
10th..Nick Jones......1lb 2oz

Scott Essery,Tim Westmoreland & Jimmy Leedham are yet to weigh in.

What most found to be the high point of the day was when i went for a swim to rescue a coot that had swam off with Churt's top kit and then managed to snag itself in a tree in the main Island.

Me on the way to rescue the Coot.
Datafile.jpg

After freeing the Coot (that was no worse for it's ordeal) from the pole and tree Churt got his top kit delivered back to his peg.

Strange creature from the Pool returning a top kit.
Datafile.jpg

At the raffle afterwards 27 was raised for the BDAA.

The next match in the series is on Saturday 27th July at Clattercote Reservoir and if anyone wants to join us i've still got 5 spare pegs so just E-mail me and i'll send you the details.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

churt

23/06/02 - 25/02/04
In Memoriam
Cheers Malc for another well run match. Also thanks for getting my top kit back (I owe you one) I fished Rolfs today and lost as many as I landed and weighed a very poor 49lb from peg 18. Heard Kev Coke was emptying it but didn't stay around.I had to catch the offy.(2 nights without lager is unthinkable)!!1

churt

MALC

No problem with the kit Churt i dont need a reason to get wet.

Just heard Kev got 2nd @ Rolfs with 126lb winner had 132lb and Kev also lost a few.

Malc

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Malc,
Your'e a Superstar LOL
"If you can't beat 'em join 'em" takes on a whole new meaning with you around!!
Thanks for making my night!

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Malc,

Another good day out was had but even i must admit you were the highlight of the match.Two foot deep that peg was and 3 foot of silt.

Surely also didn't RED catch that fish you had.

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

MALC

Trev,

Never a dull moment when either of us are around

I was not going to post the picture below as it could be deemed offensive but with a little bit of yellow i thought i would give you all a great laugh.

P.S
Cheers Scott for taking the picture

The creature from the pool on dry land.

Malc

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
and ROTFLMAO

Thanks Malc!
Even Better
What a Forum! Unbeatable!
Just thank your lucky stars Teepee wasn't there!
(But I fear Red Leader and a Caption Competition coming on!)

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote: (But I fear Red Leader and a Caption Competition coming on!)

I daredn't Trev, no way, no how, no never, no ....... oh oh the devil in me has just spoken

Are you up for it Malc, want to face the challenge

lol, Dave

MALC

Dave,

You got mail

Malc

scott essery

'Silver man'
Eh Malc

You never said how you scared that poor girl half to death when you were walking back to fetch your trousers and im amazed Nicks wife will ever let him come fishing ever again!!!

What strange creatures are lurking in the lakes up nr Stoke!!

Ok, so Im now wondering if all those fish i thought ive caught this year was just a dream and in fact ive never actually picked up a pole before!! I'll just have to make an impressive England esk comeback on the next 4 matches as I cant let you Rolf a roos get all the glory. You watch me Nick and Tim, dramatic comeback you see

It was a really good day though and the fishing should have been a lot better. Churt, can i gather from your "This is F*****g s**t" you didnt think much of Cudmore ....err i mean mudmore!!

Cat meat king Kev, your still the most entertaining bloke (apart from Malcs free style swimming antics but im coming onto that) Ive fished with and though you didnt break anything, your duck hunting skills with 11m of Italian carbon were excellent. If only id have thought of that when those buggers were eating all the pellets on my inside swim!

Cant we give Nick a prize for the most dedicated angler dishing a match this year with his combined round trip total of something like 650miles. Now thats dedication to a match where you snagg 2 12oz chub!!

Malc. Steve and Lee warned me you might be having a dip but I'd give you a perfect 6 in your synchronised swimming display and bird rescuing skills. Pitty you caught bugger all and managed to miss 3/4 of all your bites.

Im glad the raffle raised some cash for the BDAA they deserve it and the bottle of croft original made me forget...er.... oh i forgot!

All in all it was a great day and thanks again for all your effort Malc its appreciated.

Over the next few weeks i'll have a chat with Paul at Izaak Walton and see if we can book a match on one of his lakes, I'll let you know how I get on.

Polepot

Poles
I 'spose I should expain Scotts statement of 650 miles - well this is how it came about.

Friday - My mum lives in Hagley part way to the venue.

Left home passing Junction 15 realised I had left my rods behind got to junction 18 turned back to collect them I have now banked 100 miles.

Left home and got to Mums telephone rings Hilary has lost her keys - Heem for home now banked a further 210

Round trip to Cudmore 280 miles

This adds up to 590 Oh well a slight over calulation

Ah No on the Friday I forgot to give my daughter some money - this I remembered a junction14 this was 35 miles banked.

A total of 625 miles.

Didn't I do well

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

kev coke

Well just to add what the others said CUDMORE IS C**P it was a good job i was fishing with a good bunch of funny blokes :D i would of packed up and gone home early .
Nice to see i was some sort of amusement to you scott and to think i hit that duck on the head 3 times and it still came back for more just a pity the fish were not feeding as readily .
Malc i see those 2 peices of cotton are still hanging off the bottom of your tee-shirt you want to get them sorted mate .
The league table is getting close now on the top but all will become more clear after the next 2 matches as we get to drop are worse result so look out keith were coming after ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.