Makins phase 1 lake 4. help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteblade

Probably the best lake on the complex mate. Catmeat/paste on pole line and margins but this time of year its normally method/baggin wagg/pellet wagg or splasher wagg to islands.Cubed meat up in water can work well. Its one of those venues where you can catch on anything its just what works best on the day. As you walk on and go left(can't remember peg numbers sorry) the pegs are a bit tight if your all chucking a feeder, infact there very tight. You'lll see where you need to throw to and fish as tight across as you can and I mean tight i.e. no more than two foot off far bank. I'd fish method across and meat up in water if it warm. Don't ignore any nearside features as well especially in the last hour. Hope you enjoy it.

strat2

pete where do you get this info from ?

it is utter codswollop LOL

you fish meat over corn at 6meters.

Catmeat fed heavy down the side feed regular throught the day a pot an hour at least or half a pot every half hour.

feed the pellet waggler with 8mm pellets with an ordinary 8mm carp pellet on the hook. swim stim 8mm are rubbish.

the method and pellet feeder are not producing at all the warm wether has made the fish feed away in open water than tight to islands.

fishing paste over the catmeat line in the margins are killers to find out if fish are there you can see the liners and also fends off the roach aswell.

the pellet waggler is the best method to be stayed on all day until the last half hour.

This is the truth to makins... i go up there every week and fish matchs and pleasure it.
i fish makins through out the year as it is free to me and i have good relations to many top anglers up there.

peg 5 to 13 closest to the makins A bank are the hottest. the best out of that bank are 6 and 13 at the moment

nah i would fish paste cat meat about 6 metre pole line wise and a down the side and a pellet wag swim.

peteblade

Strat , you don't have to say its codswollop mate.Lol. I was only trying to help Mr Wedge and I did say its normally throwing to the islands which it used to be.Wish I lived a bit to closer to Makins than I do then I could have up to the second info off Mr Findlay just like you![:D][:D][:D]

thorne

Well I had 160lb plus on corn down the side on a small waggler, no meat, no pelletts.

26 Carp a few doubles, Tench,Roach and Bream just of the rushes in 2 foot of water.
DID not fish the sides (both) for at least an hour.

Mind you it was in May and nobody else was on the lake.

So there !!!!!!!

THE WEDGE

Thanks for all the info guys, will let you know the outcome tomorrow night. cheers. beer-toast1.gif

THE WEDGE

Sorry for the delay but only just got over it. Drew what i thought was a decent peg, end peg 26 with island to my left. how wrong was i! couldn't buy a bite on the method, pellet wag or the pole on the deck, shallow to my left or straight in front. after constantly feeding the margin i finally had my first fish with an hour to go, it broke me! 10 mins later another, in the net about 8lb. 15 mins then one about 6lb, then nothing. packed up with 15mins left. drew on the wrong bank, the wind off my back and all the best weights were off the opposite bank.
thanks for the info anyway cus when i had a practice session i fished peg 3 and caught on everything, couldn't go wrong.
thats fishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.