Makins- Paddock

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott essery

'Silver man'
I thought id beat everyone to it and ask what 'usualy' works at Paddock and what to expect (depth, size of fish etc)

Also what 'normal' weights can we expect (normal competitions devoid of Jinx that is)

Cheers [:D]

The Rudd Meister [:)]

MALC

Went for a walk with Steve around it yesterday after our match and i must say it's one of the most DIRTY waters i've seen [:(!][:(]

There was rubbish everywhere both on the bank and in the water.[:(!]

The trees and islands looked more like christmas tree's with elastic and floats hanging everywhere.[:(!][:(]

And worse of all there were dead rotting fish dotted around the pool.[:(][:(!]

The fish looked as though they had been left rotting in the water for a fair amount of time and most likely resulted from lack of oxygen,temperature and spawning.[:(][:(!]

I've tried to get hold of BW to see whats what and to express my concerns but nobody is available till tomorrow.[:(!][:(!]

It would appear that BW since taking over Makins are only there for the money and nothing else.[:(!][:(]

There was no match on there yesterday but a lot of people were there pleasure fishing mostly what i would call Summer anglers with very little idea and totally incorrect tackle for such a small puddle, so i cant help with tactics unless anyone whats to know how to cast a controller float into a tree at 11mtrs and set up bite alarms, whilst filling the bank with rubbish.[:(!][:(][:(!]

I'll post what BW say tomorrow when i contact them again.

MALC
Datafile2.asp
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

leemays

hi scott, iv fished it twice over the last 3 weeks, and all iv done is bought a bag of crazy bait marine, sieved it all at the start and mixed riddled meat into it. fishing tight over with punched meat on hook and cat meat. same as for the inside line. and down the track i was just fishing catmeat and loosefeeding it.

Average size of fish was about 3lb. Had couple of better ones bout 6lb on the catmeat line down the track.

But i tried cupping it in and they micked off, so i found the only way i could keep them there was to kinderpot full of my meat mix in every fish and at the start. dumping alot in did not work..
Also scott just 4 u if u cant find the carp put a ringer medium hooker pellet on skimmer 6oz a chuck at 3 sections of pole.

leemays

Also scott, tight over is about 2ft deep, Track in some places bout 3-4ft. u would get away with 10 lacy but u will be playin them 4 a while. i were using 16lacy through 1 section, 0.19 line straight through powerline to size 12 animal hook, but thats pleasure fishing 4 u.

leemays

Oh another thing which i forgot to mention scott the match weights???
Well it should be about 30-50lb to win.

MALC

quote:Originally posted by leemays

put a ringer medium hooker pellet on skimmer 6oz a chuck at 3 sections of pole.

FOR INFORMATION

ALL PELLETS ARE BANNED

AT MAKINS

AND HAVE BEEN FOR AROUND 7 YEARS

MALC
Datafile2.asp

scott essery

'Silver man'
On a serious note, what comment did British Water Ways have on the the dead fish and litter Malc? [:(!]

MALC

Spoke to BW this morning and they are going to look into it and will contact me tomorrow (wednesday) regards my observations and points raised.

MALC
Datafile2.asp

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Cant wait to fish the place!!! sounds a dump!!!!!

Browning Hotrods 007.gif

MALC

Just got off the phone with BW and they were/are aware of the dead fish which have been appearing since Re-stocking, Spawning and the Heat Wave caused by oxygen depletion and stress (normal) and should have been collected on a daily basis, but apparently the baliff's had not been collecting them as per their instructions.

Regards the rubbish they were not aware of the problem till now and have also now rectifed this.

Nice to see that BW listen.

So hopefully everything will be all okay for the 23rd Aug and the puddle pool should produce a few fish.

Finally i know Keith wont be able to make this match but if anybody else can't make it could you let me know as soon as possible so i can sort out the pegging as some of the pegs are a bit on the friendly side.

MALC
Datafile2.asp

scott essery

'Silver man'
Nice for bringing it to their attention Malc. Fingers crossed the 23rd will be a good un and if Red is the Jinx... stay away [:p] [;)]

Kevs been at Makins today.... how did you do mate? [:)]

MALC

As it's just over 3 weeks till round 4 of the

"JINXED 25"

At Makins on 23rd August

"THE PADDOCK POOL"

I thought i'd just remind everybody that the

Draw is at 2pm with

Fishing from 3pm till 8pm

The only rules of the venue are as follows

Barbless Hooks Only