Making it last

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
done a casserole today, mash and cabbage, cauliflower

cauli needed using up , was only half a one anyway, cabbage was a bag I blanched the other day

was a beef casserole, stewing beef that I scored over to the butchers the other day, bought a couple of pound of it, when I got it home I split it in 3 to a pound bags and chucked it in the freezer

got one out early doors afore working on the boiler, had it marinating in a bit of ancona chilli sauce for most the day, diced it into small bits around 3/4 inch sq

made a tad of stock from good old oxo, black pepper, ginger spice,

3 onions peeled and chunky sliced, add the meat, and stuck it in the oven on a low heat, 3 hours later out with it, added some frozen garden peas, chunky cut carrot, a leek, and half can of green giant, back in for another 90 mins

just scoffed it with mash and the veg, really really nice

6 oz of meat is not normal here, woulda chucked at least a full pound weight in normally, was surprised at the flavour it imparted,

just supping a pint of cold "Old Rosie" now

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I enjoy a bit of cooking, however I cannot boil an egg. What brought this on I hear you say, well the missis is watching some
black and white film and the mush was having egg and soldiers for breakfast. I don`t like them undercooked or overcooked
and never having got it right I just gave up, perhaps there is a fool proof method.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
put the egg into the boiling water

dont bring the water to boil with the eggs in it

then a good start for a soldiers egg is 3 mins and 30 seconds to 4 mins, depending on egg size

emmaemma

Site Supporter
It seems the chilli sauce/flakes goes into all your pot cooking....

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
It seems the chilli sauce/flakes goes into all your pot cooking....

I like a bitta spice, a bit of a bite to what I make

you should try my chilli con carne or a curry I knock up

not only that chilli is a soooopa food, lots of benefits to eating it