Making Boillies

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpbob3

Has anyone made thier own boilies. I would like to make my own but would like to know a bit more about making them. Where can i buy the base ingredients and artificial flavorings etc ?
Has any one got any proven recipies ?

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
If your new to boilie making I would suggest one of the base mixes from any of the established boilie companies. These are available from most tackle shops along with all the additives and flavourings required.
One last word of advice DO NOT excede the recommended flavour dose level, as to do so may put off the fish with to strong a flavour.

chill out go fishing

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Here are two simple recipes
Pet food boilies
6ozs Semolina, 40zs Soya Flour, 6ozs Ground pet food, go cat etc or 6ozs ground trout pellets.
Break 4 size 3 eggs into a bowl and whisk slowly add the dry mix till a paste is formed and isnt sticky. Roll into balls of the desired size and boil for 1 to 2 mins allow to cool and dry use oe freeze as required. (no flavours required)
50/50 Mix
6 ozs Semolina, 4ozs Soya Flour, 2 ozs Milk Powder(5 pints etc) 2ozs groung rice, 2ozs Maize or corn meal.
3 or 4 size 3 eggs.
Whisk the eggs adding any flavour and colouring to the eggs. add mix to the eggs as above.

chill out go fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.