Makin

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott essery

'Silver man'
Good luck you guys tomorrow. Its threatening to be a howling gale tomorrow so i hope you get a few. You'll have to let us know how you get on

scott

P.S watch out for Malc's 'secret formular' feeder filling bait and make sure you nab a bit off him. Its bound to be good stuff.

MALC

Hi Scott
Nothing special bait wise tomorrow just plain (well nearly plain)corn with a little twist and a small amount of groundbait (also with a twist) you know me can't use anything with out first adding something.

Malc

MALC

Waxy n Trev
error.gif
Forgot to mention before but with the corn on either the feeder or lead you get better response if it's hair rigged.
Also found out today that small bit's of paste are worth a go on either the pole or feeder.

Malc

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Malc,
Thanks for tip,You don't say what 'nearly plain' sweetcorn is lol,secret additive? Expect to be pressured into revealing all!!!
So it's hair rigged 'special' corn.
Certainly worth a try.
In case of missing each other, my mobile is 07932 164837, but in winter clothing and terrified of dropping it in the water (again) It takes me an age to get it out (Most things like thst with me now!)
But I can always ring you back!

Cya soon

Trev

Ziptrev your resident alcoholic2.gif

waxlion1

Hi Malc,

Thanks for the tips, we'll let you show us how its done...

CY

Waxlion1
hello.gif

MALC

We'll i met Waxy n Trev today at Makins and i'd just like to say cheers lads for an enjoyable days fishing (even with the monsoon).
It's nice to be able to put a face to the names and it's nice to find that people are as genuine in real life as they are on the site.
Just a shame the fish were not a bit more interested but concidering the weather it's no surprise, but i still enjoyed it.
See you soon
Malc

P.S. finished work at 11.15 as i was job and knock so i could have stayed a bit longer.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Malc, thanks for post, kind words and making a miserable (weatherwise only )day bright!
Yeah , I really enjoyed it and big thanks too to Waxi!, not only for suggesting the day, but for buying the tickets and setting the tone!.
How?, well I arrived early (Yes John! early), but tired, I made my way into car park and fell asleep before 7.00 am.
On waking at 7.20 to discover a message on phone timed at 7.01, (we'd arranged to meet at 7.00 quote ( and here imagine black Welsh humour)
ITS DARK ! AND WET LOL.unquote
On phoning I discovered Waxi was sitting just 50 yds away, outside the car park closed gate, (unlocked) but no doubt deterred by the Guard Dog patrolled sign!
However , we quickly met, hit it off immediately, reached agreement over swims and had not even set up fully before we were joined by Malc, who proved to be yet another thoroughly nice guy and with a wealth of experience,knowledge and ability.
As you may know, I Had mislaid most of my kit yesterday and as the rain started, I sat umbrella less and distinctly damp, BUT was brightened by 2 things. 1st at about 9.00 Oclock, I received a message that my Kit was found!! 40 hours after I left it behind, my brother -in-law collected it from its undisturbed position! Thanks to all the offers from you guys in these forums for spare kit, Alan ,John ,Dave, I wont forget!
Secondly, I caught 1st! a nice little 8oz skimmer came to the Pole!

The rain reached monsoon proportions and I went and chatted to Malc (pinched cover from his brolly too), and could almost forgive him landing a half starved ,skinny (but as near as damn it 4lb bream) in front of me. Well I was seeking sanctuary at the time!
Several times during the day, we wandered to each others pegs for a chat and despite the weather, I honestly believe we all enjoyed the day, no more moment pleasing to me than when Wayne landed his 1st fish!
(Last too, but you shouldnt have been at the Man U 9- Ipswich 0 game!!!!)
My daily disaster, Well that came when my 3rd and 4th Pole sections froze together meaning I could no longer cup accurately, lost the use of a top 3 set up and fell back on catapult feeding!
Subsequently, when i returned home I discovered the top 3 section, still welded to the 4th,has a crack, but thats about par for the course lol
Malc had to work and left at 3.30 ish,with cattying assistance from the Gentleman Welshman, whilst I selfishly fished on as Malc and I were tied at 17 fish each,16 skimmers and a Rudd to Malc, 13 skimmers and 4 minute Roach for me! and I now had the field to myself!
Then, as Wayne was returning from porter duty, I had the best fighting fish of the day! I struck into a magnificent runner! subsequently found that I had foul hooked yet another 8oz Bream in the extreme top edge of the Dorsal fin and calling Wayne to witness the landing, I was not even put off to hear him mutter "I bet you bloody claim that too!"
Well, wouldnt you!, Just because I had an extra hour and even though the 4lbr from Malc,would have been close to my total on its own! 18-17 rules ok LOL
The day had thankfully relented of rain, but darkened quickly and we packed away, with Wayne commenting on how gratful the fish would be as I threw in about 10lb of unused, but ruin-rained unprotected by my mislaid umbrella, bait.
The final knife was a pasing , leaving Regular to the venue, who paused at my swim.
"Fish under that tree?" he asked, pointing to a scrubby non-descript bush to my right. "Best peg on the Lake this, Chub,Barbel, Perch! All come outta there, 3ft from the bank"
"Thank you very much" I muttered bitterly as I quietly hoped he had caught flu or something worse! "Tell me on the way in next time, will'ya?"
Well, the Welsh Camel train took over my kit and we eventually shook hands, with both of us expressing a genuine desire to 'do it again'.
Thanks Wayne, for suggesting the day and I look forward to 30th March, or hopefully much sooner.
Geoff, keep your paintbrush lol, I know where I would rather be!

Malc, Wayne, thanks for a memorable day,

Regards
Bream.jpg

Trev

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trev,
Great news about your kit,you lucky b****r.When you going to write your book,i feel i was there with you?
Peter. thumbsup.gif

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Excellent report Trev. I am glad you enjoyed your day, and even happier that your kit has been found.
You do know that i would have loved to have been there, but needs must. Unfortunately life doesn't start and end with fishing, mores the pity.
I am looking forward to seeing you all in March. Pay back time.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

waxlion1

Malc & Trev

May I take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for your company yesterday... thumbsup.gif

Although I was a foreigner in a distant land, you both made me feel very welcome... beer-toast1.gif

I was out fished in every department, but I enjoyed the experience.

Thank you once again!

The pleasure was all mine.

Waxlion1
hello.gif

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
No Wax, I disagree, Not all your pleasure!
The pleasure was shared and it was a real fun day despite the conditions and with sticking to the feeder and the waggler, another time you will come off and crack the big one.
I know I speak for Malc, when I say without your Company and concern, the day would have been lessened.
What crack can we have in good weather??
PS Geoff, excuse the leg pulling, I know you would have loved to have been there and that life doesnt start and end with fishing!
To steal from Bill Shankly, "Its not a matter of life and Death! It's much more important than that!!!!

Cheers Trev

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Well done lads.Considering the abysmall weather i think you have done yourselves proud.It seems an enjoyable days fishing was had and the banter was good and friendly.I fished with Malc before at Stockton and what this man knows is beyond belief about all manner of fishing.He even supplied my bait.What more can i say.Well done all.

Status
Not open for further replies.