Make your mind up time.

fredradac

Site Supporter
I have just been sent a copy of what looks like an official UK Government notice which says you may totally ignore the lockdown regulations provided you sign a legally binding document between yourself n the NHS. This is known as the TOTALLY WITHDRAW from ALL TREATMENT Agreement or, for short, the twit form!

Millers Thumb

Site Supporter
I have just had it on good authority!!!!! we will be back on the bank on May 18th along with golf (non contact sports) travelling no more than 20 km for a 2 month period, if all goes well back to my caravan by the end of July. ;)

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
for me the fact I can't go fishing would be easier to take if my other hobby didn't involve being out in the open air either.... I can't ride my Motorcycle because "Venerable William" (old Bill) have deemed it unnecessary and are fining bods who do ride... the Gym is closed, the Pool is closed, Tackle shops closed... my day now consists of a walk round the block cooking dinner and posting cobblers on here... and some of the posts I see are really doing my head ino_O
I had to go into our local town, to fetch my dads tablets, yesterday mate. The bakery was open, the newsagents, wilko's, the butchers etc. I struggled to find a parking place:eek: In front of the monument in the town centre were an older couple, in matching leathers, sat at the side of their huge Aprilla, enjoying a coffee and a cake from aforementioned bakery. I am assuming that all of our police have been transferred to keep an eye on you Aitch. :p:cry::p

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I cannot understand why people harp on about the old close season and the `magical` 16th. The closed season was an
unnecessary bloody nuisance then and an unnecessary bloody nuisance now. I fail to see why I cannot go fishing because
a bunch of backward Neanderthals get all misty eyed.

I want to go fishing as soon as possible, what a terrible person I must be!

pies

Site Supporter
As an ex match angler myself I do feel for the current anglers that love their match fishing. It took me a long time after my match days to start enjoying fishing again. There's just something about a match. The prep, the journey, the banter, the draw, the anticipation, the weigh in and then the wait until the next one. The waiting must be worse for these guys I reckon. Anyway .... Won't be long now ..... Hopefully. 👍
So whats to stop a group of mates just having a get together for a day no scales no nets just fishing and fun

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I had to go into our local town, to fetch my dads tablets, yesterday mate. The bakery was open, the newsagents, wilko's, the butchers etc. I struggled to find a parking place:eek: In front of the monument in the town centre were an older couple, in matching leathers, sat at the side of their huge Aprilla, enjoying a coffee and a cake from aforementioned bakery. I am assuming that all of our police have been transferred to keep an eye on you Aitch. :p:cry::p
There was a case in the press t'other day of 3 bikers who were fined 60 quid for being out... up and down the country plod are pulling bikers for being out when they shouldnt be

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
So whats to stop a group of mates just having a get together for a day no scales no nets just fishing and fun
Someone’s gonna shoot me down here. 😂😂. Nothing I don’t think as long as you keep your distance. Unless I’m missing something. I suppose you’d all have to travel in separate vehicles as well. Oh I don’t know anymore. It’s doing my head in. 🤪🤪🤪

Cobweb

Site Supporter
for me the fact I can't go fishing would be easier to take if my other hobby didn't involve being out in the open air either.... I can't ride my Motorcycle because "Venerable William" (old Bill) have deemed it unnecessary and are fining bods who do ride... the Gym is closed, the Pool is closed, Tackle shops closed... my day now consists of a walk round the block cooking dinner and posting cobblers on here... and some of the posts I see are really doing my head ino_O
Well officially I'm in self isolation for 3 months being one of the vulnerable, and fishing in easily accessible swims is about the only chance I have to get out and about for relaxation. Walking any distance beyond about 20 metres is beyond me without resting, even with a stick. I've been confined to my desktop PC for some years in a practical sense, so I guess I've got into the habit of typing too much. My other hobbies included walking our German Shepherd, football, and badminton. I have become quite good at saving the world/universe and fighting dragons via video games since 2003, so it's not all bad news, but like you, if I don't get back to fishing, it won't be too long before the men in white coats start knocking on my front door

stevierhino

cheer up arry.its not for much longer.we're all frustrated but i'm hopeful the pm's speech on sunday has good news for us all and the rumours of easing of the lockdown includes us anglers getting out on the banks again. ;)

PAB

Site Supporter
I cannot understand why people harp on about the old close season and the `magical` 16th. The closed season was an
unnecessary bloody nuisance then and an unnecessary bloody nuisance now. I fail to see why I cannot go fishing because
a bunch of backward Neanderthals get all misty eyed.

I want to go fishing as soon as possible, what a terrible person I must be!
I for one would like to see it re-introduced in some form, it give me time to do all those jobs the missis keeps harping on about get them out of the way and the rest of the time is mine.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Watcha PAB, I think angling cub committees should rule regarding a close season. They won`t get it right every time but it
has to be better than the sledgehammer/nut approach which is how I see it at present regarding rivers. Mind you privately
owned stretches could be fished when perhaps it would be kinder to the fish to leave them be, no perfect answer.