Make your mind up time.

PAB

Site Supporter
I am sick to the teeth with all these rumour about going fishing again and when the lock down will end it is not good for your mental health so I have made a decision I for one am not going fishing until 16th June just like the way it used to be that's it ! I now know for sure what is happening and feel a lot better if these dam politicians cannot decide I can simples !!!!

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
I suspect that'll be pretty close to the date approved by authorities.
As a river angler mainly - I'm used to having months off anyway (either closed season or flooding)

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
A while back on here I predicted June 16 to coincide with the river season.

Strangely I am not missing it as much as I thought I would. Perhaps because my attention is on a couple of major garden projects.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’m fairly certain I’ll be waiting until the 16th now as best case I reckon it’ll open up a couple weeks before so I’ll happily wait a couple weeks. Should be safer and I’m predominantly a river angler anyway. It’s only if it miraculously opened earlier that I might have to scratch the itch earlier.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I think I will probably wait until then also, not missing fishing that much as I am currently working from home, so is Kathy and we also have to fit work around home schooling our 8 year old daughter so I have not had that much time to think about going fishing as work has taken over a lot of what would normally be my leisure/fishing time....if I had been furloughed or not had to home school it maybe different

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
As an ex match angler myself I do feel for the current anglers that love their match fishing. It took me a long time after my match days to start enjoying fishing again. There's just something about a match. The prep, the journey, the banter, the draw, the anticipation, the weigh in and then the wait until the next one. The waiting must be worse for these guys I reckon. Anyway .... Won't be long now ..... Hopefully. 👍

alsur

Site Supporter
I'll probably give in a miss for first couple of weeks as I think my club waters which are normally busy early season will be packed. Unless things change a lot probably won't bother with matches this year.

Paul.P

I'm seriously not missing fishing. My wife is shielding, so we've spent more time together this last 6 weeks, than probably the last 6 months, & I've really enjoyed it, also my old fishing partner sadly died a few weeks ago after a nasty fall, so it just won't be the same i'm afraid. I will have to wait & see how I feel, & I never thought i'd be saying this, but at the minute fishing is not really on my mind.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
For the older ones of us it's a bit of "Back to the Past" as we used to have a Closed Season that covered all waters, not just rivers.
I miss my fishing as I'm sure we all do but if it means waiting a bit longer to get back on the bank so be it.

When we are allowed back on the bank I want to look round and see all my friends there, I don't want to see gaps where friends should be knowing they will never return. :( If that means not using my gear for a year then so be it.

HALTON DANGLER

Site Supporter
there does seem to be an online ground hog day appearing on social media of a daily mixture of

1. If i can go shopping why cant i go fishing and a plethora of pictures showing packed queues and the most scenic shot each anglers has to show fishing
2. The"can we go fishing yet?" question
3. When will we fish impossible to answer as no one,probably not even the government know as im guessing economy is dominating their talks)

that said it is fishing pages and there is not much else to talk about but it does seem piers morgan was right, we do live in a world where some people just cant accept the word "no" and seem to be unable to accept abiding/accepting the law and rules put in place.

im with you it comes round when it comes round for me. i have made a plan of attack for when lifted in what i want to do and venues i deem safe till as you say rivers open and it is easier self isolate.

Deejay8

Site Supporter
I am waiting until at least the 16th June, just like the old days. The irony is, I now live somewhere that never had a closed season.

squimp

Site Supporter
One of the big low stock pits that I fish is very quiet. So if the lockdown is lifted I will be down there ASAP.

To start with I will just walk round and round until I find the fish. The good news is that it is 2 miles from my house.

FWIW I think we will be allowed to fish solitary places like that before 16/6.

squimp

Site Supporter
I agree about people RushIng to fish - that’s why I will head for a quiet water.

Ano place I have a ticket for is really busy as its probably the best water in the country to catch a 40lb common. they will have to run some kind of ballot when that one opens !

Cobweb

Site Supporter
I got into a routine over the years of respecting the close season, so automatically I add my voice to the 16th chorus. I've spent a lot of time in recent years on on commercials, so I am missing the regularity of my weekly sessions, and worry about having a commercial venue to go to the longer this ban remains. However, I'm still pretty relaxed overall about when it happens, as I want the return to be a responsible one. To be honest, until some solid evidence about a vaccine/serious drop in daily new cases daily emerges, I can't see any total relaxation of safety rules. It's pretty obvious that we are all going to have to adapt to a change in lifestyle, and not just for fishing- for the short term at least.

stevierhino

Yes I was thinking sometime in june and can't wait to get out on the rivers if possible.for a start they'll be quieter than the stillwaters.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
For the older ones of us it's a bit of "Back to the Past" as we used to have a Closed Season that covered all waters, not just rivers.
I miss my fishing as I'm sure we all do but if it means waiting a bit longer to get back on the bank so be it.

When we are allowed back on the bank I want to look round and see all my friends there, I don't want to see gaps where friends should be knowing they will never return. :( If that means not using my gear for a year then so be it.
Well said mate(y)

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
for me the fact I can't go fishing would be easier to take if my other hobby didn't involve being out in the open air either.... I can't ride my Motorcycle because "Venerable William" (old Bill) have deemed it unnecessary and are fining bods who do ride... the Gym is closed, the Pool is closed, Tackle shops closed... my day now consists of a walk round the block cooking dinner and posting cobblers on here... and some of the posts I see are really doing my head ino_O