majorca alcudia lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

orvil

hi any body no anything about the lake in alcudia is there anything in it can you fish it.its suppose to be next to the hotel i`m staying in may. thank`s anybody . [8D]

anyexcuse

Hi Orvil,
Alcudia's one of my fave holiday destinations. There's a system of brackish waters both lakes and canals(for want of a better word)around Alcudia and the Playa de Muro that are full of fish about large Dace size but goodness knows what they're called.Have seen people fish for them using whip tactics. Mallorca doesnt actually have any rivers so there's no freshwater lakes. It has 'torrents' which are basically dry river beds until the rains come. Only lakes are up in the mountains. There is a fishing shop on the water-front of the Port of Alcudia on the other side of the main road.It's also a Marine Chandlery.I believe they just use bread for bait.Can recommend a really nice traditional bar off the main square of the Old Town if you're interested.
Get knotting that handkerchief,summers on it's way!!

Dave@Brynmill&DistictAC

orvil

hi anyexcuse the bar sound`s about right if there`s no big cats or carp i`ll leave the tiddler`s till i come back thanks[8D]

jonesr

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A MOSQUITO SPRAY WITH YOU! They can be a Bl***Y NUISANCE!But other than that enjoy it! Its a terrific place![:D][:D][:D]

Ron J

Age isn't everything!experience is!
I INTEND TO LIVE FOR EVER,SO FAR SO GOOD!

anyexcuse

Hi Orvil
Good decision!! Bar's called S'Aufabi on the Carrer Serra just off the Plaza Constitucion(the square in the centre of the town up the hill from the gatehouse). Does really good local food as well.
Jonesr is right, if you were going to fish, the mozzies always bite first!!
Happy holidays

Dave@Brynmill&DistictAC

baz.thornton

Up one of the side roads off the main drag there is a bridge over the canal. If you look through the hords of small fish there are some large fish below. When we were there 2 years ago the locals were fishing bread on the whip for the small uns but they couldnt get the bigguns intrested

Status
Not open for further replies.