Mainline and Hooklengths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazyhazy

I use Daiwa sensor for my mainline, but it tends to coil up a bit, what do you use for your mainline? I want to try something else and am not bothered about price, I just want some good gear for good old fashioned course fishing. What do you recommend? Also hooklengths - the ready made up variety?

n00b

bream slime
maxima on all my reels...never had a prob with it...
hooklengths i use silstar and preston..never used ready made jobs but a mate of mine reckons mustad are the dogs ******

midge99

I have the korum stuff on my reels for feeder, bayer or silstar for light float work and maxima for heavy stuff.
hook lengths are silstar or shimano silk shock

john83

Account Locked
ultima power plus, best mainline i have used. virtually no memory, thin diameter for it's breaking strain & very strong, have a lot of faith in it.

john83

Account Locked
i dont use hooks to nylon but my mate does and he swears by the fox & drennan ones as they are the best tied, prefer to tie my own personally.

Jwonni

On my Reels i tend to use Maxima Chameleon although i also have berkley something on my other reel (its a white one)

I always use hooks to nylon my knots are very limited up to now. I use the mustad hooks to nylon in all their varieties and i have some hair rigs pre-tied from korum but not used these yet

maxwell_hung

caster blaster
Graham are you putting it on correctly? I use sensor on some of my reels and have never had any problems with it coiling up

patto

i put some silstar 6.6lb on a match spool the other day it said that would fill the spool but its nowere near the lip, how do you tell if or when to back it first and what would you use?

CheeRS
Patto

Status
Not open for further replies.